close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Can it get better than this?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Blitzen, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Blitzen

Blitzen

Nov 1, 2006
    Colorado
    Over the weekend I ran across this 1984 V65 Honda Sabre. I has 6000 actual miles on it and is mint. It has the factory faring on it and also has the lowers that have never been put on. Not a bad find for $1200.
    [​IMG]

2. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

Sep 1, 2005
    N E Louisiana
    In my opinion you got one of the best bikes made in the 80's. Check out this kit from Dale's to correct the oil flo problem. Or Make sure it is warmed up before taking off. Good Luck and Ride Safe:thumbsup:

http://www.holeshot.com/

3. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Oct 3, 2000
    McGaheysville, VA
    VERY nice!! I see you also painted the van to match the bike :thumbsup:

From what I've read, the "top end" oil modification might be worth doing on those early honda V's.

4. .45 Combat

.45 Combat

Oct 29, 2005
    Great bike, great find. But, why such low mileage.

5. Blitzen

Blitzen

Nov 1, 2006
    Colorado
    The bike belonged to a Harley guy and it sat in the garage most of it's life. After a nasty divorce his wife ended up with it and I was lucky enough to be there at the right time when she sold it.
    Could someone send me to a site that would tell me just what this oiling problem is?

6. Patterson

Patterson Never Forget!

Oct 5, 2005
    The Garden State
    Looks like its in Show Room condition. Congratulations! I guess good things come to those who wait... at least I'm hoping that's true for me!

7. Blitzen

Blitzen

Nov 1, 2006
    Colorado
    I am thinking about putting the lowers on the fairing. It is getting cold here in Co. now and they will keep the old mans legs warm. Here is a picture of my other bike. It was built By Ultra (UMC) After running around on this hard tail this Honda is great.
    [​IMG]

8. OGW

OGW NRA, SAF

Aug 23, 2004
    N.W. Lower Michigan
    I didn't realize the Hawg was a hardtail, thought it was a softie. My softail can be jarring on roads that are only a little rough, can't imagine a hardtail. I'm too old for that sheeeit.

It's nice to have two different bikes, too. I use my BMW when it's under 70 degrees, Harley when it's warmer. Fairings are nice, naked bikes are nice. More bikes equals more fun.

Since it's sunny and warming here, I think it's time to make some nice sounds.

9. Blitzen

Blitzen

Nov 1, 2006
    Colorado
    This isn't a Harley. It's a custom build from Ultra.

10. D25

D25 The Quick

Jan 26, 2003
    Nice bike. After my Interceptor, I love the early Honda Vs. But I would sell my soul for the Ford!

11. Blitzen

Blitzen

Nov 1, 2006
    Colorado
    The HighBoy is my baby. It's a 1974 and I bought it in 1975. Do the math. Has a very well built 390, cam, headers and the list goes on. I guess by now I could buy a new one for the money I have sunk in it.

12. D25

D25 The Quick

Jan 26, 2003
    I learned how to drive in a 74 HighBoy, and have spent the last 10 years searching for one that is in remotely fair shape. I've never really forgiven my dad for selling his. I was beginning to think that they had all gone away.

13. Blitzen

Blitzen

Nov 1, 2006
    Colorado
    I don't know about where you live but here in Colorado there is a butt load for sale on Craig's List.

14. D25

D25 The Quick

Jan 26, 2003
    Wow, you weren't joking. I see a Denver trip in my near future. Thanks.:thumbsup:

15. Blitzen

Blitzen

Nov 1, 2006
    Colorado
    I put the lowers on the fairing today. I like the way it looks now.
    Here is a question I need help with. It also came with a back rack and a sissy bar. Does it go on or stay off?
    [​IMG]

16. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    OFF!

Sissy bars do not belong on Jap bikes.

;)

17. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Call me crazy but if it were mine, I'd go cafe racer on it.

18. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    I think it is too clean to start stripping it. If the plastic was junk, I would agree though.