close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Can I put my G19 Gen3 factory sites on G19 Gen4?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by dfwglock, Mar 11, 2013.

1. dfwglock

dfwglock

Jun 11, 2006
    Texas
    OK. Don't want you to think I am cheap, but wondering if it is either possible or feasible to switch the sites from my gen 3 to my gen 4 g19? Perfectly happy with the Gen3 but just picked up an almost new Gen4 and thinking about keeping the Gen4 and selling the Gen3. The only difference is that my gen3 has nite sites and my gen4 does not. Thoughts?

2. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

Dec 30, 2008
    Baldwin Co, Alabama
    Very feasible, BUT remember the rear sight on the G4 is plastic and may get damaged during removal.

3. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

Jun 15, 2012
    What type of tools do you have to change them? I'd recommend a delrin punch, a brass punch will score the polymer. I say it's worth a try because a factory glock rear sight is only $5.99. That said, resale value of your used gen 3 will be higher with night sights... It's your call.

4. dfwglock

dfwglock

Jun 11, 2006
    Texas
    Good thoughts...Dont have any tools so would have to buy them....might be better to leave the gen3 nite sites alone and just put new nite sites on the gen4 or sell it.....which was my original thought....not convinced that gen4 is THAT much better than the gen3 anyhow...