Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Can anyone recommend Crimson trace?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Hussell_Crowe, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Hussell_Crowe

Jun 9, 2010
    I'm a left handed shooter with a G19, and am in the market for a reliable laser. I was told at my local gun store the Crimson grips are the best lasers on the market, but are they the " best " for Glock, and a left handed shooter?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida
    Go with a lasermax you won't be sorry, very lefty friendly I've had two of them and they were trouble free
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

3. Hussell_Crowe

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've been looking at those as well, it being half the cost is certainly attractive. I wonder why the gun store said crimson's were the best? I suppose its just an opinion.

I want a laser for 2 reasons, firstly for home defense, and secondly, because all of my shot are low of the target. I shot 100 rds yesterday, at 8 yards out, and 90 % of the intended shots were about an 1-2 inches lower than I aimed. I hate to admit it, but I only got 2 shots in the bullseye.....

( I'm about as inexperienced as you can get at shooting )
  4. I have a CT on my LCP with O problems out of it. They send me new batteries for it every year. I had it for 2 yrs. I like mine.
  5. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Crimson Trace grip lasers actually give lefties an advantage. On a lefty, the index finger held outside the guard will not block the laser if the finger strays a little high. On a righty, this can easily occur.

The laser assembly is on the right side of the gun; on a right handed shooter, the laser assembly will therefore be on the OUTSIDE of a holstered gun. For a lefty, the laser assembly will be on the INSIDE of a holstered gun; this might affect choice of holster.
  6. jaytee 10mm

jaytee 10mm Glock Conoseur

Nov 12, 2010
    having used lasermax and crimson trace I recommend crimson trace has more adjustability than the lasermax
  7. DrBob

Jun 26, 2010
    Crimson TRace LaserGuard LG-436 for your G19 will work just fine. The switch for the laser is just under the trigger guard and your middle finger will turn the laser on when you grip the gun either left or right handed. That's the LaserGuard not the lasergrip version. CT will send you free batteries and has an excellent customer service and warranty service. I have one for my G26 and my G19.

Re: your grouping
    Work on getting the correct sight picture with your dominant eye. You want to learn to shoot any gun not just the one that has your laser correcting your aim. Get some help from an experienced shooter at your range/club. Do some dry fire practice. A laser will actually help you quite a lot with dry fire practice since the best alignment for the laser beam will be right on top of your front site at about 10-15 yards (some people would say 25 yards).

Here's a picture - lower right small button - of the LaserGuard installed on my G26 (saf-T-Blok installed as well)
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  8. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

Aug 1, 2001
    Wythe County, VA
    I have both Crimson trace and LaserMax.

Both companies have treated me like I own the company.

That kind of service is unheard-of in this day and age.

I cannot say enough good about both makers.

For a Glock, go with the LaserMax. It does not glom up the grip, which is already a little large for my hands.

But as for quality and service, you cannot go wrong with either laser.

Ah heck, put both on your gun.
  9. Ibew

Mar 14, 2007
    Not to hijack,But do those laserguards fit the full size models? I have a 3rd gen 22.
  10. Both! There you go! Why didn't I think of that? I would also get the green lasermax rail attachment. Two reds and a green. If you ever have to use it the bad guy will think you have snipers following you around with all the dots on his chest. hahaha
  11. dudel

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    CT works great on my G26. No complaints whatsoever. Highly recommended. Even if you don't get the CT, go to their website and ask for their DVD. Good information.
  12. dvrdwn72

Nov 26, 2010
    so, for the g27, how does the laser attach to the triggerguard? Is it of good quality?
  13. AaronZR2

Jun 17, 2010
    For whatever reason they only advertise it fitting up to a 19/23, but yes it will fit your 22.
  14. Have them on a G30 and a full size 1911.

No issues. I'd buy them for my G29SF if they made them
  15. DrBob

Jun 26, 2010
    Be sure to distinguish between the LaserGuard and the LaserGrip designs.

the LG-436 model fits the subcompacts including the G27. The laser device just snaps around the trigger guard and is super easy to install. You can find installation videos on
    Their product is a high quality item that has a good warranty.

There are two things you need to know about the LaserGuard design:
    1. It will change the shape of your gun so that some tight fitting holsters will not work well. Most good holster mfg's have custom holsters that adapt to this (e.g. CrossBreed and others).
    2. you must clean the front lens of the laser on a regular basis since it picks up residue when the gun is fired. A Q-tip with a little Windex does the job in a second.

Both of these things are less of a problem with the laserGrip design
  16. Cineski

Jun 18, 2009
    Crimson Trace is nice because it won't lose zero as easily as a laser mounted near the barrel. This is because the CT is near the fulcrum of the recoil. That said, I used to be pro laser and now I'm not. I think good night sights are the best because they're not electrical. Anything electrical can fail.
  17. Hussell_Crowe

Jun 9, 2010
    The lasermax micro is 129 dollars, the newest crimson trace for the G19 is 318 ( with tax ) thats a substantial difference. But it seems like the consensus is crimson.
  18. Scared_of_zombies

Dec 2, 2008
    I got ct's for $150 for my g30. The lasermax is near double that. I like the palm swells of the CT and 3 years of use havent killed my batteries yet.
  19. I have one on my G26 and really like it...

20. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I have several CT's for G26/27, G19/23, LCP, M&P 9/40, 1911 and SP101. And a LM in my G30. Much prefer the CT, but they make a Glock grip pretty fat in my hand. They are perfection on the M&P's. I like them alot.