Can a Muslim be a "good" American

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by IGotIt, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Great post!

I would only ddisagree with the "Spiritually" part as the "Under god" is in fact the Christian God and was put there in the 50's during a wave of anti-Communism ferver. It should be removed from the pledge, as I should not have to recognize someone elses god to pledge allegience to this nation.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I got that far.

A. If not, then neither can a Chrisitian, Jew, Hindu, etc., because they all put their gods above their country. I'm not saying I disagree, just that I can't see a reason to limit it to one religion.

B. "moon god of Arabia?" you realize Muslims are worshippers iof the same god as Jews and Christians, right? They just use an arabic word - just like christians use "god" to mean their god, as well as generically to mean any god, "allah" is the Arabic word for "god" or "The God." Muslims believe in the old testament and accept Jesus as a prophet or wisxe man or something like that.

When it started on that level, I didn;t see much cause to read on.

#22 Bren, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  3. I would rather not find this out too late in the game to matter! I realize that certain individuals of any group can be fine human beings - but think that every western nation that has a large Muslim population has regretted the situation. Cheers.

4. I actually don't think a Christian can't make a good American. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the post. I think Muslims and Christians and whoever can make for good Americans so long as they are interested in freedom for all at the expense of none.

5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyphenated_American

Former President Theodore Roosevelt in speaking to the largely Irish Catholic Knights of Columbus at Carnegie Hall on Columbus Day 1915, asserted that,<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[3]</sup>
    There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.
    President Woodrow Wilson regarded "hyphenated Americans" with suspicion, saying, "Any man who carries a hyphen about with him carries a dagger that he is ready to plunge into the vitals of this Republic whenever he gets ready."<sup id="cite_ref-3" class="reference">[4]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-4" class="reference">[5]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-5" class="reference">[6]</sup>

6. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

~ "How about that?" ~

Ya....Good for you and good for him.....

When in Rome "act" like a Roman......and show respect..

When in Jordan do the same ...or get Killed....

Rome seems like a safer place for "all"....why? cause Romans have evolved

***Being honest...No....I have never met one I really liked but was just friendly thats all....actions eyes...body language etc........I have a nose for things....so be it....to each their own.

There is a passage in the Koran where it is fine to lie to Infidels....You better hope your loving "friend" is not a true practitioner or believer....when times get tough things change fast....There is only "One Koran"...not a good one or not a bad one...but just one which all believers read religiously

Good luck

#26 LASTRESORT20, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  7. Yeah...

I am certain that him paying for lunch, and offering to leave his home, and go out of his way to come and bring me whatever i needed was all a secret plan to get me alone so he could chop my head off. Is there an emoticon for profuse eye roll/face palm?

8. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

not sure I'm following how that applies, its easier to stir up a crowd/mob than to quiet them down.

London/Dresden/Tokyo didn't work.

Hiroshima/Nagasaki did. Really ready to do that to civilian population centers to get small pockets of Al-Queda within?

Randy

10. Doesn't matter to keep pointing this out. They absolutely refuse to acknowledge the violence and death their religion has brought to the world. They seem to think that because it happened in another century that it's somehow not applicable anymore.

#30 Glock36shooter, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  11. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

12. professorpinki

professorpinki Bumbling idjit

Technological superiority vice our surge has nothing to do with why "the surge" isn't working in Afghanistan.

Your comment about "political correctness" only shows your lack of knowledge on how COIN and FID work.

Your comment about fear being the prime motivator on the populace only shows your lack of understanding of the psychology behind the insurgency and the psychology behind the actions of the people of Afghanistan.

Your comment about the war being done a long time ago shows your naivete about war.

Here's a couple points for consideration:
    - Afghanistan hasn't been a functional country since 1979.
    - Prior to 1979, Afghanistan's economy worked because it had infrastructure in place to get water moving, and it was still a central-Asian third world country at that.
    - Since 1979 Afghanistan has experienced 32 years of warfare that have left almost all infrastructure gone.
    - The Taliban now look at al Qaeda and blame them for their loss of power in the half of Afghanistan that they directly controlled during their heyday.
    - Bin Laden was a financier. Al Qaeda was basically the sponsor name that was slapped on anything that was in any way associated with the organization or its offshoots.
    - Now, Al Qaeda is no longer just that, but the universal catch-all adopt-all name that people take up because it's known.
    - Al Qaeda operated out of the poorest, least controlled countries in the Muslim world.
    No, I'm sorry, but it can't, Curtis Lemay.

Who gathers intelligence? Who lazes targets? Who comes in and does the psyops work afterwards? Who guards the people from reprisal after they give us actionable intelligence?

13. The mistake we always is trying to make the world safe for democracy. Don't go to war unless we have to. If we must fight, destroy their infrastructure and let them live in caves until they're ready for peace. If they come out send in the drones. We're way ahead of where we were in LeMay's time. BTW, we didn't try it in LeMay's time because we were afraid of the USSR and China retaliating. That's not on the current horizon.

14. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

And it doesn't matter how many times anyone points out that you and other disturbed atheists love to distort facts.
    You continue to blame religion for the deeds of people. You atheists continue to use the Mosaic laws that are not Christian doctrine, to justify your obsessed hatred. Just like the early church abused those laws.

http://bible.org/article/mosaic-law-its-function-and-purpose-new-testament

http://www.trektorome.com/christians-are-not-bound-by-the-old-law/

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-law.html

It's funny that some atheists say Christians killed native Americans, that Nazis were Christians, that Mexican drug cartel people are Christians, and that all the killings along the Mexican border are committed by Christians. I've even heard some say if one is born in a Christian majority country, they are Christian and that anything bad that person does is a Christian act.
    I suppose the atheists here are all Christian then.:rofl:

I've seen some really strange and bizarre attitudes and behavior over the years, but the strange and bizarre attitudes and behavior in this forum is monumental.
    Whine and moan all you like, there's nothing you can do to change people's beliefs. Just continue demonstrating how mentally disturbed some atheists are.
    Maybe vandalizing churches and synagogues might give you some satisfaction.
    And as I have pointed out numerous times, more atrocities have been committed throughout history by the non-religious than by the religious across the board. but of course fools are blind to that fact.:upeyes:

I leave this song as it is fitting to some of the atheists here.:supergrin:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXe5H2wBtGU"]pathetic liar by grip inc. - YouTube[/ame]

15. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Where is this passage? Could you cite the specific surah?

16. Animal Mother

Which Mosaic laws are not Christian doctrine? On what basis do you make this determination?
    They did.
    They were.
    They are.
    How is this different than people like snowbird declaring any crime that happens in a Muslim majority nation to be an act of Islam?

17. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

I haven't (and won't) read this entire thread.

The title is enough to tell me that it's nothing more that a bigot's rant.

18. The Nazis were NOT Christians. Check your facts. The Nazis were under their own religion based in Christianity and paganism. Hitler and Ava Braughn killed themselves on Valpergus night in a Pagan ritual called the Endura. The rallies, mysticism, etc., all Pagan ideas. The Nazis practiced paganism and told people they were Christian. It was all about deception. And as for Vlad the Impaler? Yes...Christian. And he did what he had to do to keep the Turks from invading his homeland. Vlad didn't live in a time of political correctness like we do. And if you actually think that ANYONE working for a drug cartel is a practicing Christian you are deluded.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#38 mike g35, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  19. Good post!

Key concept!

But unfortunately, there are none so blind as those who will not see (notice some of the dhimmi posts in this thread). Before 9/11, I car-pooled with some different people. I recall a Hindu lady who told me that, sadly (as far as she was concerned), you can never be "fast friends" with a Muslim. She meant that you can't really trust them.

A Russian guy basically said the same thing. "A Muslim is a very dangerous person" were his exact words. He spoke of populations in Central Asia where Muslims and Christians had lived peacefully for centuries, until suddenly, the Muslims started 'getting religion', taking their Koran seriously (it baldly commands, 'Slay the infidel'), and without warning began murdering Christians.

How do we read minds? How do we distinguish peaceful Muslims from the Mohammed-imitators? (Remember, Mohammed had a whole Jewish tribe beheaded, and wrote the Koran, which tells Muslims they must wage jihad until the entire earth is subjugated to Islam). The fact is we can't read Muslim minds. On top of that, there is the Koranic doctrine of takiyya -deliberate deception to gain advantage over infidels, making it harder to know which Muslims, if any, to trust, and how far they can be trusted, for how long.

Therefore, stop ALL Muslim immigration.

No need for draconian measures against Muslim communities suspected of harboring terrorists if we don't let Muslim communities get established here in the first place. No mass killing, no guilt. Just bar them admission now to prevent civil strife in the not-too-distant future (remember, their birthrate far exceeds ours. Do we want our grandchildren to have to fight for their lives on account of our foolishness?).

20. Animal Mother

So they were Christians then. Do I really need to post the "Gott Mit Uns" belt buckle pics again?
    What is the source of the name for Walpurgisnacht? What group practiced Endura?

Your historical accuracy might be slightly more compelling if you didn't misspell both of Eva Braun's names. As for their suicides, the timing probably had far more to do with the approaching Russian troops than any religious ritual.

How could anyone question such compelling evidence. If we were to survey members of the various narcotic cartels, what would they tell us about their religious beliefs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.