close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Camera question

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by button man, Jun 5, 2009.

1. button man

button man

Jan 27, 2003
    We are not real good photographers, just like to have pictures of the grandkids. Have a Canon Powershot A540 which takes good pictures and has many features we will never use. The camera howevere is slow. Even when we turn off the auto focus mode, sometimes it hesitates long enough to miss the shot when you push the shutter. The recovery time for the next shot is also slow even with fresah lithium batteries.(AA's). We see on T.V. these photographers taking pictures as fast as they can press the shutter, but I realize these cameras probably cost thousands of dollars. Anyone know if there is a relatively fast camera available for less than 500.00?

2. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Jun 3, 2003
    Silicon Valley
    You will have trouble finding a compact that responsive. My Canon G10, while not a slouch, certainly does not beat speed records, and I would never use it for sports photography. Perhaps someone who owns a Panasonic LX3 could give his opinion on that compact.

3. AdobeGlock

AdobeGlock

Sep 29, 2003
    New Mexico
  4. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Jun 3, 2003
    Silicon Valley
    That's true. I was just buying some cleaning supplies at my local Target an hour ago (okay, and a pile of Lindt chocolate - sue me :rofl:), and I saw Nikon D40 with basic kit lens for $449 on sale. Don't know if it's country wide, or just individual locations, but that's really cheap. Nikon D60 with the VR kit lens was just $100 more.

5. Rutha73

Rutha73

Sep 8, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Check out Canon's Rebel line of DSLR's also. I have the XTi and its a good little camera. they have 3 new one out since the XTi. the XS, XSi and T1i. you can find used ones at www.photography-on-the.net in the classifieds section.