close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Camcorder to Computer DVD burner

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by clemtiger00, Jul 16, 2005.

1. clemtiger00

clemtiger00

Nov 14, 2002
    SC
    I just purchased a new JVC digital camcorder, that has a firewire port on it. I would like to take the video of the camera and record it to a DVD burner on the computer, I obviously need a firewire card, and some type of software. I just don't know what software. I found this firewire card with some software on newegg.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16815158009
    Would this be all I need to take the video from the camera, and then burn it on DVD?

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    For buffering, editing and encoding purposes most formats will want the image to be stored on the local hard drive, then setup and burned from that location.

That's the best way to do it when you want to make multiple copies while keeping 'coasters' to a minimum.

Isn't there anything suggested in the Owner's Manual? Most diggie cameras include a CD with drivers and photo software; maybe that's what you need or maybe it'll work as is. Can't hurt to try.

Good luck!

3. clemtiger00

clemtiger00

Nov 14, 2002
    SC
    I will try it, I just don't have a firewire port yet, and I am going to be upgrading my motherboard, so I will have USB 2.0, and SATA support, and adding a DVD-R, so it will be later next week. I just wanted to make sure I buy everything I need first. I will let you know how it comes out.