close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

cam and gun shot

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by gudel, Jun 22, 2004.

1. gudel

gudel

Jun 1, 2001
    so cameras have the movie mode. mine has it and i'd like to take some video clips. i've seen some clips with guns involved but the sound is not quite realistic. i wonder if i should put somekind of soft material near the microphone so it doesn't give the harsh/sharp tone.
    i want to hear my 45 goes boom, not crack like the 9 ;f

2. chevrofreak

chevrofreak Senior Member

Dec 27, 2001
    Billings, Montana
    Heres a vid we did with my Sony DSC-S75. The rifle is a MAK-90 Sporter.

The quality was set at 320x240, medium quality since high quality can only do 15 second clips.

Sounds fairly good to me.

video here

You might be able to get it to sound a little more realistic by using foam, but I dont think that the microphones are capable of capturing it the way it really sounds no matter what you do.

3. gamegod86

gamegod86 Male Lesbian

Feb 24, 2003
    Middle Tennessee, USA
    I don't think that foam will help much on the frequency response, but it should cut down on wind noise.

If you want bass response, you should use a prosumer video camera (like a Canon XL1) and a decent microphone. An SM58 may do the trick.

I am not sure that you can get what you want from a teeny tiny mic built into a camera.