close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Call me crazy

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by nastytrigger, Apr 13, 2010.

1. nastytrigger

nastytrigger
    Expand Collapse
    Mediocre Member

... is their a G38 slide assembly to be found anywhere? I had a G37, but traded it for a G21. I've had a G19 for five years now, and a small stash of GAP still, would love to carry a smaller .45 without paying 500-ish for new. I'd be happy paying $200-ish for slide assembly + trigger housing with correct ejector. Am I SOL?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. burgherdude

burgherdude
    Expand Collapse

#2 burgherdude, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  3. Thx-1138

Thx-1138
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

Might want to make a couple of phone calls to Glock and Lone Wolf.

4. DannyR

DannyR
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

By the time you purchase a G38 upper (if you can find one), buy a few magazines, buy a GAP ejector and a GAP slide stop lever, you might be better off with a new G38. Of course, you know that your G19 would have to have a 3-pin frame.

5. dbarry

dbarry
    Expand Collapse

6. dbarry

dbarry
    Expand Collapse

Buds gun shop has G37's for $379 bucks delivered! Geez, I'm thinking about buying a second one!

7. nastytrigger

nastytrigger
    Expand Collapse
    Mediocre Member

Right, my G19s a three pin frame. With G37s going for $379, that is a good deal, but I need at minimum a G38 as far as size. Sucks that the GAP didn't catch on. I may call Glock just to see if possible to buy complete upper. It would be nice, but isn't the end of the world if not. Oh, I still have two 10rd GAP mags I didn't trade in. I may end up going back to GAP one way or another. Kind of mad at myself, all the pistols I bought are full size (Beretta 92, Glock 37, Glock 21, Springfield 1911) and I sold my sub compact Beretta 9000 for a compact Glock 19. G19 is perfect size to me. Not too big, not too small. .45 would be better, of course

8. DannyR

DannyR
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

Did not catch on? Five State Police Agencies (NY, PA, SC, GA and FL have adopted it.

9. nastytrigger

nastytrigger
    Expand Collapse
    Mediocre Member

I'm glad it's actually being adopted, but slowly. I'm mostly comparing it to .40S&W as far as popularity. GAP is still young and I really like it, but I'm looking for more ammunition options (comparing to .45ACP), manufacturers chambering GAP (besides Glock), and caliber acceptance from haters as far as my 'catching on' term. I guess I'm expecting more out of it. Now that I'm GAP pistol free, I kick myself when there's no 9, .45, .380, .40 on shelves and primers are backordered, and there are six dust covered boxes of GAP on a very empty shelf at all my local gunshops... At my favorite gunshop, four traded in G37s on sale in the case that never move after months and months too

#9 nastytrigger, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010