close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

California gun parts store refuses to turn over customer list to ATF

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Bren, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Interesting - I hadn't even realized ATF had decided 80% AR receivers were illegal.

California gun parts store refuses to turn over customer list to federal officials

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ERASER

ERASER
    Expand Collapse
    Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

I certainly have NO knowledge in the area of what the BATFE can and cannot do, but can a federal agency basically create and enforce laws on their own? It seems that Obama can do this sort of thing (especially regarding Obamacare), but can the BATFE?

3. DanaT

DanaT
    Expand Collapse
    Pharaoh

What is your recourse if the BATFE wants to enforce something on their own????

Hint:

[​IMG]

4. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED
    Expand Collapse

5. AA_Khost

AA_Khost
    Expand Collapse

Even though under the GCA of 1968 18 U.S.C, Chapter 44 states you can if local regulations don't prohibit it is legal.
    But now that we have King obama most Federal Agencies can make up laws just for ****s and giggles

6. Short Bus Driver

Short Bus Driver
    Expand Collapse

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBVzsfF_wIM"]Store Blocks ATF from Confiscating Customer Records and Names, ATF Raids - YouTube[/ame]

7. stolenphot0

stolenphot0
    Expand Collapse
    RTF2 Addict

my guess is the ease in which they can be made is the issue. Most other lowers are aluminum and need either a mill or jig to finish properly.

Some people have hinted elsewhere that another gun shop turned Ares and EP Armory in out of jealously and lost sales. But who knows.

i have an ep armory lower (one of the brands in question at Ares) and it took me an hour to finish it with a Dremel and cordless drill. Down side is they have some random issues with the polymer shrinkage at times and it took extra work to get the LPK to fit and rear pin fit so tight I had to hammer/punch it out. So it was out of spec and never functioned properly.

ETA: Here's EP's raid

http://www.thebangswitch.com/ep-armory-raided-by-the-atf/

#7 stolenphot0, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  8. J.ThaddeusToad

J.ThaddeusToad
    Expand Collapse
    Checkmate

9. stolenphot0

stolenphot0
    Expand Collapse
    RTF2 Addict

#9 stolenphot0, Mar 15, 2014
  10. stolenphot0

stolenphot0
    Expand Collapse
    RTF2 Addict

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gsmlJSpWvk"]ATF breaks into Ares Armor in National City our Constitution is under Attack!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

11. J.ThaddeusToad

J.ThaddeusToad
    Expand Collapse
    Checkmate

:steamed:

Somehow it's rational to be an 0bama supporter and a gun owner though: "DOJ and Treasury abuses of basic Constitutional rights? Oh well, at least he supports my views on nonsensical social issues and centralized economic planning." :bowdown:

12. elsolo

elsolo
    Expand Collapse

They are all hot to trot on busting anything that seems to be pushing the 80% rule.
    -CNC shops where you just push the button
    -Injection molded plastic lowers that have the pocket made of a different piece of plastic so they are easy to open up as an end user.

13. stevelyn

stevelyn
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

The waffen BATFEces scumbags get to make up their own rules as they go. :steamed:

14. Scott3670

Scott3670
    Expand Collapse

I hate to throw water on your fire (pun intended) but unless I'm wrong, the fire was caused by the FBI, not ATF.

15. F106 Fan

F106 Fan
    Expand Collapse

California is in the process of trying to outlaw what they call "ghost guns". This includes those AR built from 80% lowers even if they don't have a readily detachable magazine. In other words, if you build a rifle, even if it has the infamous 'button', California wants it registered as an assault rifle.

BTW, they also want to register all non-assault AR type rifles (button guns) as some other kind of assault rifle. It can't be a 'real' assault rifle because registration was closed on those a long time ago.

While they're at it, they want to register all long gun sales (only handguns are currently registered). I think the proposal said I was supposed to tell them about the long guns I already had.

So far these are just proposals or were vetoed last session. I don't expect to see them come up during an election year. So, wait for 2015...

Richard

16. raven11

raven11
    Expand Collapse

a sad day in America when a federal law enforcement agency violates a court order

17. Matthew Courtney

Matthew Courtney
    Expand Collapse
    Instructor #298

Would the FBI had been there if not for the ATF?

18. High Altitude

High Altitude
    Expand Collapse

The guy is completely screwed. Fed gov has no boundaries because America doesn't stand up in masses against it. They will happily pick us all off one by one while the rest do what they want.

19. High Altitude

High Altitude
    Expand Collapse

If you bought one of the plastic lowers from him and paid by credit card, don't be surprised when the ATF knocks on your door demanding you turn it over or threaten jail.

I wonder how many companies selling 80% lowers have already handed over their docs and kept quiet about it?

#19 High Altitude, Mar 15, 2014
  20. Scott3670

Scott3670
    Expand Collapse

You're right. But how does that give them the right to burn down that building? There had to have been other options, wouldn't you agree?