close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cadillac Cts/dts?????

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by WEATHERBY460, Oct 20, 2005.

1. WEATHERBY460

WEATHERBY460

Feb 18, 2005
    ILLINOIS
    I am shopping for a new car......has anyone have any experience with the cts or the dts? Please share your thoughts....gas milage also...thanks.

2. method

method

Mar 27, 2002
    Cleveland, OH
    Well, for starters they're two totally different cars. In short, the CTS is a rear wheel drive sports sedan, with rather edgy styling inside and out. The DTS is a front wheel drive luxo barge, with rather conservative styling. The DTS is just a bit quicker in a straight line than the V6 CTS, and while a competent handler for a very big car, the DTS is no match for a CTS on a winding road. The CTS is not as luxurious or as roomy as a DTS, there are features that come standard on a DTS that are not available at all on a CTS. Then again, for people who LOVE to drive, the fact that a CTS comes standard with a 6-speed manual transmission while the DTS is slushbox only..... Comes down to your taste and wants in a car. Edited to add, I have lots of experience with both, I strongly favor the CTS. Gas mileage is gonna be high teens/mid twenties (city/highway) for the DTS, low twenties/high twenties for the CTS.

3. I used to work on both at the dealer....What do you want to know?

4. WEATHERBY460

WEATHERBY460

Feb 18, 2005
    ILLINOIS
    Basically I plan on buying next september when I turn 30, I was wondering what the gas miliage will be, insurance costs, and if there is a big luxury difference between the two, I read that the cts will be new in 07, so I will most likely lean towards a left over 06'dts.

5. WDavis

WDavis yea Im abelieva

Nov 15, 2001
    Central FL
    A good friend of mine has a 2003. I like it. He had interior trim pieces replaced multiple times due to wear on some rubber coated surfaces. I dont know if he drives it hard, but it goes through tires pretty quickly. His looks great in black.

6. Guest

I saw one of 2 caddy XLR's (supposedly) in Seffner,Fl.The other 1 was supposedly owned by Wade Boggs.Pretty neat, a caddy on a vette frame.