Cabela's and Ammo

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by robhic, Mar 19, 2013.

1. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!!
    Platinum Member

I don't know if this is a local phenomenon or national, but I got my Cabela's email advertisement this morning and it was pushing ammo! Ammo and dry boxes for storage but they were definitely advertising ammo.

Mainly .45 and some rifle rounds, they had 9mm (I believe...) and another smaller caliber. So anyone with some ammo needs might find Cabela's an option.

I don't think this is the start of the end of the "dark days" but at least someone is advertising ammunition.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. The mailers I get from Cabelas never stopped pushing ammo. I always got a laugh outta that 'cause the few times I went there over this last winter there never was any on the shelves- well, at least none that I needed.

3. I was wondering that myself. My mailer was full of ammo and the closest Cabelas to me is 2 hours away. I figured they were bare and didn't act on it.

4. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Halleluyah! :cool:

5. Now I know this was the beginning of February when I went, but...I visited the Cabela's in Wheeling, WV and while most 9mm ammo was gone, the shelves were full of 7.62x39 ammo for my MAK90...I could get 10 boxes max, so I was happy...for some reason the WalMart here has lots of .40 ammo but alas, no 9mm for months...and no Cabela's is close by either...a local shop gets ammo in daily but you have to be first in line when the door opens or you won't get any of what you want...I know it's going to change eventually--hopefully for the better!

#6 Zeebra724, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  6. I literally just canceled a cabelas ammo order. I ordered 124gr fmj 9mm last Friday...website showed in stock. Completed the order...it also showed as in stock and delivery by 3/25. Get an email Sunday evening showing it's now back ordered with delivery of 4/30. I ever so politely emailed their support to cancel my transaction. My loss...another buyers gain...I don't need it that bad.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

What did you pay for shipping?

8. I got 1200 rounds of .45 cal with two free ammo boxes from them two weeks ago, then they started limiting sales to 250 rounds last week. Maybe they go a lot of push back and are just letting people buy as much as they can while it lasts again.

9. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

10. I ordered some .223 from them this morning and got an order confirmation # but no email. We will see how it pans out.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

If I ever get a .223 I will definitely reload for it.

12. Back in '09 during that ammo shortage, I ordered two cases of .38 specials. It took about 9 months. Didn't bother me much, I pretty much forgot about it until I got an email indicating it was in.

13. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I forget what the excuse was for the 2009 ammo shortage.

#15 SCmasterblaster, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  14. Obama got voted in.

15. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

That's so true. Elect liberal democrats to the White House and Senate, and the ammo shelves empty out rapidly.

16. Just checked Cabelas online and I see very little handgun ammo.

17. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Thanks to the liberal democrats having the Fed Gov't buy all of the ammunition.