close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CA Dems caught in voter registration fraud*

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Walt_NC, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Walt_NC

Walt_NC

Aug 25, 2010
    From the article:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/10/01/california-gop-voter-fraud/

*In the article, it was actually another Republican group that was committing voter registration fraud in an attempt to disenfranchise Democrats. Again. And I looked at the other instances of this happening in Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado and Nevada, and I'm all "My gut is telling me that something just doesn't look right". So I unskewed the above story by swapping the words "Democrats" and "Republicans".

2. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    The first clue was right here:
    Nobody's gonna believe there are up to 133 latino or black Republicans in a single county. :shakehead:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

3. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

I think we all guessed that this was going to be a warmed over Flintlicker post when we saw you as the OP.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445679

(you guys need to make sure DU is more clear on which of you is supposed to post these).

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  4. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
    it's a distraction to throw your attention away from the fixed dibold machines. don't fall for it!

5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    The first thing that comes to my mind is, why would you change voters' party afffiliation?

In the primary, it makes people who are against your party vote in your primary, which increases votes for the candidate you dislike, if they vote at all. In turn, that hurts your party in the general election, if you end up with a bad candidate.

In the general election, they would never even know what party they are registered as and it wouldn't matter.

Likewise, if these people weren't registered to vote at all, registering people who may vote for the other party is a really, really bad idea.

Seems like a pretty useless, or even counter-productive, kind of fraud, no matter which party may have done it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  6. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Kind of a recurring theme when the Republicans try to play the Democrat game, isn't it? They add just enough of their own twist to it to make it destructive to their own cause.

Or, they pick a Democrat strategy that's already demonstrated its failure, and follow it to a T. Note the similarities between John Kerry's and Mitt Romney's presidential bids.