close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

'By any means necessary, you come home to me. I love you the most,'

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Aug 7, 2011.

1. ronduke

ronduke

Jan 24, 2007
    Hundreds Gather to Remember Officer Killed in Accident. Chaplain spoke of special relationship officer had with his wife.
    "There was a little regimen that he and his wife did before each shift. Russ would get ready for work, Courtney would follow him out to the car and they would exchange hugs. Courtney would say, 'By any means necessary, you come home to me. I love you the most,' as he pulled out of the driveway. Courtney would get back in the house, flip the light three times, and they would blow each other a kiss as her hero drove off to protect the city."

Willingham died after he lost control of his patrol car, went down an embankment, and crashed into a tree, Police Chief Scott Cunningham said. Willingham radioed for help after the accident and told dispatchers he was pinned inside his car. By the time rescuers arrived at the scene, the car was engulfed in flames.

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-sto...-funeral-winston-salem-110804,0,2207139.story

2. GlockSupremacy

GlockSupremacy Recycle Kids!

Feb 14, 2005
    MN
    tragic...

The officer sounds like he was a really great guy. Hope the best for his wife and all his loved ones.

3. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Dog Lover

Jun 9, 2006
    North Alabama
    Very touching story.

Grievous loss. RIP, Brother.

4. lens

lens

Nov 24, 2005
    Northeast
    What a terrible tragedy!

My thoughts and prayers go out to his Family, friends and co-workers.

RIP!

:fallenofficer:

5. HeliGlock

HeliGlock HeliGlock

Jan 16, 2011
    Florida
  6. G27Chief

G27Chief Lifetime Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Southwestern Gawjaw
    Prayers to his wife and family, tragic and sad.

7. Panzergrenadier1979

Panzergrenadier1979 Keystone Cop

Jan 16, 2009
    Central Pennsylvania
    A terribly sad story made sadder still.... :fallenofficer:

I think of stories like this every time I hop in the Crown Vic and I continue to think about it for the next 12 hours. It definitely affects they way I respond to calls.

This will never happen to me.....MY contingency place for a crown vic entrapment does NOT involve me dying like that. Read into that whatever you may.