close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Buying on Guns America?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Jim S., Aug 13, 2011.

1. I was just wondering if anyone has ever bought a gun on Guns America.
    I recently made my first on-line purchase of a gun on Guns America and found it to be sort of not very user friendly.
    I had to contact the seller on my own and finish the transaction and I can't seem to post my feedback comments.

Oh well.
    I did however buy a Stainless Springfield Mil-Spec at a great price and everything went very smooth.
    It is a "NM" serial numbered Mil-Spec (NIB) and I am very happy with my first on-line purchase.

I was hesitant at first because the seller did not have any previous sells on the G.A. site but after talking to the owner I was confident that all would be ok.

It was.

Not sure if I can plug the store on this forum but hopefully it will be aceptable because I want to tell all of my fellow 1911 forum members that this store out of Nevada has great prices and they are some very nice people who are running a good honest business.

If you ever see "Big Guns Enterprises" on an on-line auction, do not hesitate to make a purchase from them.

I was very satisfied and will be looking for them in the future.

Sorry about not having pictures but I haven't taken any and still do not know how to post pictures here. :supergrin:

2. scorpio2011

scorpio2011

Jul 15, 2011
    minneapolis,mn
    i have bought from several people with no feedback score on on-line auction sites
    everyone has to start at zero!
    as long as they were confirmed i would bid

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Eh, I've bought a couple, but I'm no fan of Gunsamerica.

I much prefer the live auction sites.

4. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Great Southwest
    Sir, would you please elaborate on that? What sites are you referring to?

Thank you.

5. +1....

What sites would those be Brian?

6. djackson

djackson CLM

Dec 9, 2008
    West Virginia
    Im more of a gunbroker or web forum kind of buyer

7. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Mainly...

http://www.gunbroker.com/

8. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    same here. i've bought a few off GB.

9. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Oct 26, 2009
    Cold side of conus
    I personally would only deal through gunbrok*r. I have nothing good to say about the other outfit, so I'll keep it unsaid.

10. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I just checked my log.

I've bought over 30 handguns on GB over the last five years. I'm happy to say that I never had one bad experience in doing so. :wavey:

11. djackson

djackson CLM

Dec 9, 2008
    West Virginia
    Im not at 30 per say, but I have purchased roughly 14 or so off GB and have gotten exactly what was described. :thumbsup:

12. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Feb 28, 2005
    DFW TX
    Never had a bad experience yet on either. When I am looking for something I hardly ever check gunsamerica, unless Google sends me there.

13. CDW4ME

CDW4ME

Jun 5, 2009
    USA
    I agree the GunsAmerica feedback system needs improvement.

I've purchased two pistols on GunsAmerica:

1st was my Les Baer UTC, the same seller had it on Gunbroker for $10 more and had positive feedback on both sites; naturally, I went through GunsAmerica and bought it at the cheaper price, same $ as opening bid on GB.

2nd was my Dan Wesson Valor stainless, again it was listed on both sites, but this time for the same price; on GunsAmerica I did not have to bid and bought it for the same as opening bid on GB.

Both of the sellers were great to work with, but I have not left feedback for either; when I tried to leave feedback, I got a message that the transaction has to be completed by both parties before feedback can be left. Uh, I've got the pistol, had it for a few days when I tried to leave feedback. Both times the seller knew I had it and I was happy. :dunno:

14. RMA

RMA

Nov 19, 2009
    Tampa, Fl
    I have purchased from GA several times in the past & never had an issue. I was always hesitant myself if not purchasing from a dealer but all went smooth with speedy shipping as well.

15. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    The only gun I ever purchased off Gunsamerica was my Norinco 1911.

16. xdmikey

xdmikey

Dec 5, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    i tried to buy a trp operator from a dealer on GA. he gave the first bidder(?)more than two weeks to get his ffl & cash to him so i missed out.
    not a site issue but a dealer issue!
    so, actually i have NO experience w/GA but none w/GB either.

i need coffee.