Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Buying a 2004 Chev. Tahoe - any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by jski, Aug 4, 2005.

1. jski

Feb 13, 2005
    I'm buying a 2004 Chev. Tahoe for my wife 4WD loaded, everything expect for the DVD player. She has a Jimmy (95) with 95K on it and she wants something bigger. I'm buying it from a friend for the payoff $22.5K. The truck is mint and has only 8k on it. He bought it for his wife, who hates it. Gas mileage isn't a big concern my wife drives less than less than 10 miles round trip to work. Anyone have one of these and what do you think of it?
  2. method

Mar 27, 2002
    Cleveland, OH
    Don't have one, but I do have lots of experience with them. They're well made, solid, smooth, have good power, and are reliable. If there's one thing GM does right, it's large SUV's. Tahoes/Yukons are great, Suburbans are even better.

3. +1 on what method said.
    Also thats a good price. My wife drives an 03 Suburban and loves it.
  4. TexasGlocker23

Jun 8, 2004
    that is a great price for a great car blue book on that for private party is around $32000
  5. cruiserman

Jul 21, 2001
    Keep your ear out for piston slap.
  6. Shooters Plus

Shooters Plus

Jul 24, 2005
    Bought a new '03 for my wife and so far it has been everything we were hopeing for. Except the price of fuel is killing us.
  7. AngryBassets

AngryBassets Jagenden Übel

My wife and I were just talking about buying one a few weeks ago.

$2.50/gal and rising killed that idea.
  8. AGSeraph

Jun 16, 2005
    North Carolina
    Having a 2001 Tahoe, 2001 VW Passat, and a 1999 Mercedes, I’d rate their build quality in that order. The Tahoe hasn’t had nearly the number of problems as the others.

2 months from purchase driver airbag assembly was replaced under warranty (still don’t really know why)

Rear center seat belt, female end, broke while buckling: $175 IIRC

Rammed a 6 x 6 through the windshield while loading (yes, I can be a moron): $200

Has a little start up knocking, but my VW has so much more in comparison, I don’t care. The VW sounds like a diesel all the time!

The truck has about 95,000 miles