close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Buying 2 guns in 1 day: booyah or WTF?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Bill Bloggins, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Bill Bloggins

Bill Bloggins

Mar 11, 2013
    PacNW
    So I thought I would make the rounds of the LGS in my area (PDX) to see if I could find a G-23 gen 4... and yes, I knew it was likely going to be fruitless as I had come up empy for weeks.

First 2 shops were a no go, although one had a used FDE G-23 gen 3 for $599- nah. Third shop had some well used cop trade-ins, but mostly G-22's gen 3's at around $500. Already have a sweet G-22 gen 3 at home so no joy here either on the G-23... but, a Para Expert .45 caught my peepers as I swept the room looking for items of interest.
    Now, I was hearing the siren song of the 1911 world for a while, even though my love of all things Glock is high. I was in a buying mood so I picked up that Para 1911 and a box of plinking ammo. Off to the range I went and popped that 50 round box downrange. And sweet mamajama, I now knew why the 1911 has such huge appeal to so many.

I reload so I thought I would swing by the newly reconfigured Sportman's Warehouse here in PDX to see if I could get lucky with .45 cal supplies for the newly acquired 1911- best I could do was a shell holder: no dies, no bulk bullets, no primers, no loading blocks, etc. (but went online with Midway that night and all needs were met except for the ever elusive primers)- and dammit when are we going to see primers hit the shelves again in any quantities?

My gimlet peepers glimpsed a Glockish gleam- lo and behold they had a G-23 gen 4 on the shelf, just put there not 5 minutes ago accrording to the salesperson... and for $569.99 I took that little .40 cal doodlebug home. Born on date of 03-13-13, it will now grow up in a shooting household and receive the best of care.

So 2 guns in one day- what can you say but, well, America.

2. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Nov 22, 2010
    BMT, TX

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    I did 5 once, not so much buy but picked up. Think 2 were freebees from Glock, one a BD gift from wife and I bought other two.

For what you're seeing Glocks priced at you might be ahead to do 2 year GSSF member ship and get the GSSF rate.

4. G23c

G23c

Jan 23, 2009
    houston, texas
    Nice. this past Friday, I hit the trifecta--Glock 23 (of course), rifle (Ruger 10/22 takedown, and shotgun (mossberg Mini, 20 gauge, for my son).

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  5. elijah58

elijah58

Feb 6, 2012
    Cassatt, SC
    Nice, I picked up 3-G22 LE trades once and got a G17, G19Rtf2 and a G22 inform a guy on GT at once. It is a really nice feeling to get more new Glocks than you have hands to carry them. :supergrin:

Eli