Buyer Beware!!!

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by jlbeasley1976, Jan 30, 2013.

1. jlbeasley1976

jlbeasley1976 Southern BTGOG

Placed an order for 500ct mixed 9mm brass from <First Class Bullets and Brass> nearly 3 weeks ago. I realize times are tough right now but the website said they were in stock. I've called them 3 times with no answer and left messages all three times asking to please be updated on the status of my order. I have heard nothing from anyone via return call or email. Any of you guys ever dealt with this company before? If so, what was your experience like. Suggestions on how to handle this?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. If they charged your card, it's time to start the charge-back process. If not, they're probably just burried in orders like many other small vendors and are choosing to ignore the phones and focus on filling orders. Sure...if that's the case, they should at least update their web site to say so...but some people just don't seem to understand communication.

Their web site does say that their phone number has changed. Are you sure you're dialing the correct number?

3. When it comes to anything shooting related These Are Not Normal Times. SJ 40

4. Like NJL said.... If your card wasn't charged I wouldn't worry yet.
    I placed an order with Precision Delta for bullets on Jan 2. Card hasn't been charged yet. Everyone seems to be 4-6 weeks behind on shipping right now.

5. sellersm

sellersm disciplinare

^This. Everyone is overloaded, most places are 3-6 weeks behind!

6. Placed an order with Precision Delta on 1/25 and received an email that 124g FMJ 9mm bullets were available but they were so far behind that shipping could take as long as 6 to 8 weeks. They're swamped!!
    Also, ordered a G34 from Glockmeister on 1/2 and was informed it was on backorder. No further correspondence but they haven't hit my cc yet. Patience is the word .

7. OJ.

OJ. N.E. Ohio Glock

I have stuff back ordered from him, just got an email from them saying due during February. I ordered in mid-December.

BTW, he is a one man shop, and GTG by me.

8. I ordered from First Class Bullets & Brass 3 times last year and never had a problem with them. They are located relatively close to where I live but they do not have a retail store. It is a small home based family run operation with very decent prices.

They recently changed thier phone number to 815-498-6325 and supposedly calls from their old phone number are being forwarded to the new number. The phone number is working. I just tried to phone them and got an answering machine.

9. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

I've used them before in the past with no issues. Once they labeled .45 brass as .40, but it was .45 so it was just mislabeled, that's it.

10. jlbeasley1976

jlbeasley1976 Southern BTGOG

Forgot I had posted this thread but feel like it would be a disservice if I didn't let you guys know how the situation turned out. Called and left a message for bob saying this was my 4th and last attempt to contact him. Immediately received a call and was told he would ship the order same day. Three days later, received product. Not a bad one in the bunch. Absolutely beautiful brass with about 20 extra to boot. Will definitely do business with him again. Next time, at least I will kinda know what to expect as far as shipping goes.