close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bushing compensators

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by fuzzy03cls, Jan 11, 2011.

1. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    So I added one of these bushing compensator's I got off eBay. It was cheap & I already had bought an item from the seller so shipping was free.
    Fits good. Well made. I took it to the range yesterday. Definitely notice the fireball out the end & increased the bang it makes. Ran 50 FMJ & 24 gold dots. Didn't have a problem.
    My 1911 is a range gun & I don't shoot it much.
    Opinions on these long term?

2. stukibuilt

stukibuilt

Jul 31, 2006
    Florida
    If it's not an SD gun, I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as the fit is there. It would also help if you defined "cheap" or provided a link to the part in question. It could be the difference between cracking a bushing or just getting an insanely good deal...

3. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    $23 It's black & matched my gun. There all over eBay. I wasn't searching for 1, just saw it from the same seller. I wasn't expecting much out of it.

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Won't work as well as a normal comp since the barrel has to pass through the comp.

5. Doc1911

Doc1911

Dec 21, 2006
    I tried one of those on an older 1911 and did not notice much of a reduction in recoid, etc. HOWEVER, there was SOME difference and for the price - it is great.

A different type of compensator (integrated into the weapon) that really works is the one offered by NHC - T3 Comp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Doc1911

Doc1911

Dec 21, 2006
  7. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    IDk about recoil. I really don't feel slight differences in anything with my hands. I'm not sensitive enough.