close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bunny control...via Mossberg!!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by XMM, May 5, 2007.

1. XMM

XMM Not a Daddy!

Sep 12, 2005
    Ha. :)

This picture was taken not 5 minutes ago. :supergrin:

I was sitting out on the back deck about 10 minutes ago, noticing a couple of rabbits scampering around. I looked to my left and there were two more; a look to my right revealed two more! My mind said, "too many!!" I went in and got my Mossberg Plinkster .22lr with a cheapo BSA scope on it. Two shots were fired from 45 yards away.....here is the result! Two cute but pesky bunnies with holes right behind the shoulders. ;) Who says that a $90 rifle and a $25 scope can't be effective? :tongueout:

[​IMG]

2. XMM

XMM Not a Daddy!

Sep 12, 2005
    Getting ready to skin them and quarter them. :wavey: I'll tell my wife it's beef......see if she notices. ;)

3. hpracing007

hpracing007

Jun 16, 2006
    TEXAS
  4. Damon Sriv

Damon Sriv Pickle Power

Apr 18, 2003
    Nice shooting, how are you going to cook them?

5. XMM

XMM Not a Daddy!

Sep 12, 2005
    Stewed sounds good. With veggies! :eat:
    Heading out now to clean 'em up. It's been awhile since I've "ett" rabbit, but I didn't realize there were so many around us! The skin's so loose on these two, I doubt I'll even need the knife. My mouth is watering already.

6. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Apr 15, 2004
    Redneck Sparta
    Here comes Peter Cottontail,
    Hoppin' down the bunny trail,
    Hippity, hoppity,
    Easter's on its way.

:supergrin:

7. vern23

vern23

Oct 24, 2004
    CO
    That sure is some green grass. What kind of fertilizer are you using on it? (other than the blood of rabbits)

8. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Apr 15, 2004
    Redneck Sparta
    Bunny droppings are rich in plant nutrients.

9. XMM

XMM Not a Daddy!

Sep 12, 2005
    Good ole' Iowa black river dirt! Best in the nation. :thumbsup: Looks like this every year, regardless of whether we have someone fertilize or not.

10. Thirdeye

Thirdeye

Jul 18, 2006
    Paris, France
    When I saw "Mossberg" in the title, I thought you meant "Mossberg 500". Needless to say Im dissappointed:sad: Happy eating though:supergrin:

11. XMM

XMM Not a Daddy!

Sep 12, 2005
    Got one of those, too! ;) At 45 yards, the .22 seemed a better choice, though. :supergrin:

12. XMM

XMM Not a Daddy!

Sep 12, 2005
    Ahhhhh, the smell of stewed bunny is filling the kitchen! :) Luckily my wife is still gone. Maybe if I hurry I can get these things cooked up and in the fridge by the time she gets home!! :supergrin:

13. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    it's black.

it has a scope.

it has an assault style high capacity magazine.

it's semi automatic.

yep, seems like a sporting purpose for such a nasty evil sniper assault weapon, but watch it around your kids, those things have a bad habit of jumping up and going on killing spress all by themselves (the rifle, not the kids).

sorry, i had to. :rofl:

14. postpostban

postpostban

Nov 29, 2006
    central IL
    Is it Wabbit season right now? Did you just proudly post an act of Poaching?

Iowa DNR says Sept. 1 - Feb. 28, 2007 Cottontail rabbit

15. dave_pro2a

dave_pro2a

Oct 1, 2006
    It's a-ok, they were trespassing. And who made you the rabbit police?

16. postpostban

postpostban

Nov 29, 2006
    central IL
    Nobody, Just asking a question. I promise I won't arrest you.

I just don't post crimes on the internet that's all.

17. jtm62

jtm62 CLM

Nov 8, 2006
    Pittsburghish, PA
    You know... A Hunting License is a way for the state to make money. And hunting seasons are silly, but I suppose needed. It is another drain on the people who actually kill to eat.

It has been clear throughout the thread that he killed the rabbits and now has the intent of eating them. No harm, no foul.

Plus, he was on private property, why should the state have any control over what he kills and eats on his property?

Nice work XMM! :thumbsup:

18. postpostban

postpostban

Nov 29, 2006
    central IL
    Hunting seasons are established to allow hunting at the right time for the species. Winter is a time when rabbits don't have young ones or are pregnent. More than likely, he hes left some small rabbits to starve to death. I never said one word about licences.

I'm not a tree hugger, I enjoy Rabbit deer, etc. I'm glad he's eating them, I hope they turn out nice. I just don't agree with shooting them out of season, then posting it of a gun board.

Not every one who gets on a site like this is as understanding. Bragging about poaching doesn't really reflect well on us.

19. They were doing or about to do damage to livestock or property... Free reign. Everyone has the right to protect property from wildlife...:tongueout: