close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bullet Pulling Question

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Airhasz, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Airhasz

Airhasz

Feb 26, 2012
    Bad Axe
    I pulled about thirty .223 bullets and want to reload the already prepped and primed cases. My question is: can I just reload these cases or do I have to resize which will knock out and waste my good primers? Not a big deal to waste a small amount of primers but I still would like to know. I'm loading 70 grain Barnes TXS in these cases if it matters...thanks for any experienced help.

2. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Take the decapping pin out of your resizing die, and you can adjust it so it's just working the neck.

3. ColoCG

ColoCG

Mar 18, 2011
    Colorado

What Steve said ^^^ be sure to leave your expander ball on the decapping shaft.

If you have to remove the whole decapping rod, after you resize the neck just put the expander rod back in the die and run the expander ball only thru the neck and back out.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  4. Airhasz

Airhasz

Feb 26, 2012
    Bad Axe
    The Lee die i am using..the pin and expander is one piece. I'll ask a more specific question.

After removing bullet...can case be reloaded with another bullet without running it through a sizing die?

5. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
  6. Airhasz

Airhasz

Feb 26, 2012
    Bad Axe
    Thanks for helping me to learn how to work a pulled bullet and case...safe shooting to ya!

7. ColoCG

ColoCG

Mar 18, 2011
    Colorado
    Just remove the pin and expander rod. Then lube the case resize as much as you need or full length resize. After this is done replace your pin and expander rod to normal setting. Then run your resized case with primer in, into the die slowly until you feel the expander ball pass thru the neck of the case then back the case out of the die and youshould be set, The primer should be untouched.

Good luck.

8. Airhasz

Airhasz

Feb 26, 2012
    Bad Axe
    I will do exactly that, both you and Z Steve are a great help :bowdown:

9. Airhasz

Airhasz

Feb 26, 2012
    Bad Axe
    Ah yes, creating a diabolical concoction...:rofl: