Building from a parts kit

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by CJStudent, Jan 29, 2013.

1. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

I'm sure this has been beat to death, but I can't find any threads on it. I found some AK-74 parts kits available at Atlantic Firearms, no barrel. How hard are these to build? Any special tools besides basic household tools? I've changed a few things around on ARs before, but that's the extent of my gunsmithing knowledge. Anything I need to know about this?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Building a Hackintosh (MacOS+PC Parts) with my son The Okie Corral Thursday at 1:01 AM
    GT Brain Trust: Cheapest AR Parts for building out a budget lower? Black Rifle Forum Jun 20, 2011
    Building an emergency Glock parts kit Gun-Parts & Access. Jan 23, 2011
    Is anyone building AK's out of parts anymore? Bluegrass Glockers Nov 30, 2008
    Building a Computer - Do these parts/prices look good? Tech Talk Oct 7, 2004

3. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Anyone? Anyone?

Beuhler? Buehler?

4. You need a press a 10 ton plus adapters to press in the barrel you will have to headspace the barrel as you don't have a barrel matched to the bolt, in other words not worth the effort with the kits today especially if you only build one or two.

5. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Thanks, Warhog. I didn't realize it took that big of a press to set the barrel in! :wow: :shocked: