close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

building an unlimited gun

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by BUSTER BULLDOG, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Tried once before with a g-34 and lonewolf comp. and never got it to run 100%
    Want to try again with either a 17 or another 34 and was wondering what recoil spring I shoud try. I use wally world winchester bulk ammo. Thanks for any help.:upeyes:

2. kyojin

kyojin

Dec 30, 2008
    You've got a lot of factors to consider. I would say that most people that build Open Glocks go with the 17. What compensator do you plan on running? You mentioned you had a Lone Wolf before. I had one too and didn't like it very much. I've got a Jager now and it shoots much flatter.

What optic do you plan on putting on? With my Open gun I ran into some extraction issues and had to get an extended ejector and non-LCI extractor. For WWB you'll probably need a 10# or 11# recoil spring. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

3. RICKSR

RICKSR

May 28, 2010
    EAST HAVEN, CT.06513
    Proper spring weight for model 34

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #8c735a; COLOR: #8c735a" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start -->I have a new model 34 and just added on a Lone Wolf threaded barrel with a Major type comp. It will function most of the time,about 85-90% with factory ammo but not all of the time. It said in there ad when using this Major comp you need to use the following. LWD Compensator 9mm Major 1/2 x 28</SPAN>
    Light loads, reduced power loads and standard ammunition WILL NOT RUN RELIABLY. You must use +P, +P+, 9mm Major, or 357 Sig loads with this compensator. I do not have a source for this ammo and the ones i found were cost prohibited. Also i can reload but i do not want to run the gun that hot all of the time. 1st question. What is the stock weight of the model 34 recoil spring. #2. What recoil spring weight would be safe and is reccomened to drop down to for reliable use and not hurt or damage the gun. I generally use the least expensive such as Blazer 115 GR FMJ or any other brand such as Rem/UMC., Win/USA. or American Eagle etc. I do not like using Wolf or any other of that super hot russian stuff. It gives me the willies. Any and all help appreicated. Thanks, Rick Sr.:wavey:

4. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    Because you are using a Major comp. Replace it with a minor comp.