close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Building an AK74 Coalition.

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Restless28, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Restless28

Restless28

I have created a coalition of sorts here. I have convinced a group of my local friends to have a AK74 group. All of them are considering buying SGL31s and doing group buys on ammo and mags.

A few of them are bored with the AR and want to move on to the AK74 now. I guess my info about the cheap ammo convinced them.

2. the monk

the monk

3. Restless28

Restless28

I had a Magpul stock on an SGL21. I like the Warsaw stock much better.

4. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

I fought against the urge to buy an AK74 for a few years. I finally bought a Krebs AK74k about six months ago. Now I have four 5.45 AK's, with kits and receivers to build two more. I also have about 50 magazines.

They shoot like an M4, but with the reliability and durability of an AK. You can get non-corrosive ammo delivered for about $250 per thousand, or corrosive for about $130 per thousand. Magazines are $25-$30 per mag now, but can last the life of the rifle. I wish I had started down this path a lot earlier. Good luck with it.

5. the monk

the monk

My goal is to make the 74 as accurate as possible without giving up its reliability. I dont think you are going to get that with the ComBloc stocks - just MHO. You need a proper cheek weld (need a riser as the magpul stock it too low on an AK), good ammo, and better ergonomics to get results shot after shot. I'm in testing so I will let you know how it goes.

6. esh325

esh325

Probably a VEPR in 5.45x39 would be as accurate as you can get.

7. the monk

the monk

Yep, I completely agree - I went the SGL31 route just due to the number of parts and accessories.

8. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

Great choice. I am actually doing the same thing here. A lot of new shooters keep asking my advice and I always recemmend the 74. They are new shooters and some are smaller women. ALso, cheap ammo means more range time. The AK in 5.45 just makes sense. Now I will be ordering one! :cool:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012