Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Brownell's 30rd Magazines

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by INhondo, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Are they reliable?
  2. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    They are supposedly the contract mags for the military....

I have 8 of them and have never had an issue with them.

3. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    I have the 30 and 20rd versions. Great magazines, never a problem. I have left them fully loaded for months at a time.

4. thunderinms

Feb 15, 2009
    Henderson, KY
    They are great, but made in the same factory as C-products. You catch them right on here or on sale some where and order them as cheap as $7 vs. Brownells' $15.
  5. DWhitehorne

Mar 16, 2006
    I've got a couple I used on duty until pmags came out. Never had a problem with them. Brownells advertised a USGI contract at one time. David
  6. kabob983

kabob983 "Mostly" Dead

Jun 27, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Really? I didn't know that.

I've heard good and bad about C-Products, but they typically sell for $8 on AIM Surplus.
  7. Thanks guys, I've ordered a combo set to evaluate, 10 for $99.00.
  8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    I've got two or three, fine.
  9. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana

uh, ya........
  10. Onmilo

Jul 10, 2005
    I have a bunch of Brownells AR mags, 20 & 30 rounders.
    I like them better than my P-Mags.

They should still have a deal going, 10 magazines, 5 each 20 shot, 5 each 30 shot for $99.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I bought a bunch of C-mags recently, haven't tried them out yet.

Does anyone know if any vendors will ship 30 rounders into CA to a LEO or am I stuck buying local and paying the ransom (sales tax) to Sacramento?
  12. thunderinms

Feb 15, 2009
    Henderson, KY
    Uh... Road trip to Nevada!!!
  13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Pick me up, I'll split gas with ya.
  14. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    Contact a LE dealer, that was how I got my Hi-Caps during the nationwide ban.

If you register as an LEO with Brownells, they might sell them to you (and give you the "not-so-secret" discount), but I'm a little far away from California, so I'm not too familiar with your gun laws.
  15. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I have registered with Brownell... gotta give them a call. There is also a stupid rule that assault weapon parts can't be shipped to CA which means I gotta buy all my foregrips, rails, etc. from local dealers and pay tax. That's stupid too. I try to buy it all outside of LA county at least so I don't pay them that extra 1% county sales tax.
  16. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    Wow... I'll feel bad for you while I'm shooting my SBR AR with all the useless (and evil) attachments with the 30rd mags...:supergrin:

If I ever get the frigging thing back together.:steamed:

I like Maine.:cool:
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  17. Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    Since you have magazines already and just need rebuild kits you can get 30 round mags disassembled from and then just toss the parts you don't need. :whistling: It adds a $1 per mag but will keep you existing mags in top shape.
  18. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Okay, here goes:

Pistol grip is the EVILEST of all features on a rifle. It cannot coexist with a detachable magazine. We need to have a bullet button or permanently fix the magazine to the rifle if we want to have a pistol grip on it. Either way, the magazine has to be 10 rounds.

You can take out the pistol grip and convert it with a Monster Man grip to make the AR or AK look sorta like a failed science experiment so you can have detachable 10 round magazines, because as we all know, at 11 rounds, people go mad and commit mass murders.

When you put a pistol grip together with a detachable magazine of more than 10 rounds capacity, I think the evil just comes out and burns down the nearest house just to make a statement of how evil it is.

We have had the ban since 2000 and I surely can see that in the last 10 years, this state has become the world leader in safety because I am no longer worried about roving marauding gangs of pistol grip detachable magazine rifle wielding thugs walking around the street and hanging out at the local 7-11.
  19. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Thanks, the 20 pack with free PMag for $200 is cool and then add 21 rebuild kit handling costs and it's like $221 for 21 rebuild mag kits with free shipping. Pretty cool site.

It's a toss up now because my local LE dealer will have the same prices after tax but this way I am not paying taxes to Sacramento and I don't have to drive there to pick it up.