Broken Partner Press

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Alderak, Nov 10, 2011.

1. So, I just went to prime a piece of 25/06 brass when the press handle went about 15 degrees too far in a quick jump from where it first started seating the primer.

::sour feeling in my stomach :shocked:::

I look down and the handle threads are stripped and the handle comes right out of the press.

So uh... do I try to shave off the threads, stick it in there and weld it on, or do I try to get rcbs to fix it?

(I already drank the blue cool-aid, but only use it to load my high volume cartridges)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Alderak, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. Contact RCBS.

3. RCBS will fix it for you.

4. I am sending you a replacement under warranty - no charge. Thanks for choosing RCBS and have a great day!

Thank you,

Technical Services/ap
    ATK/RCBS Operation

5. those guys are fast! I got that email in one hour and 12 minutes.

can't ask for anything more than that.

#5 Alderak, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  6. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Wow, that is great customer service. I've been using a Partner Press for around 20+ years. Loaded everything from handgun rounds to 30-06 and 45/70 on it and it works fine for a small single stage press. IIRC I paid around $25 bucks for it, now I guess they're quite a bit more but mine is still going strong. One thing, I don't use my press to prime cases. I've got an RCBS Handi-Primer that I use. Anyway, glad to hear they're going to take care of ya'.

7. Nice, we have a RCBS guy on the forum. Great service as well.

8. RCBS has always been a great company. This is just another example!

Richard

9. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

I had a similar response from RCBS regarding a handprimer I broke. They asked my address and that was all they asked. The new one showed up a few days later.

10. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

A friend had an RCBS Partner press and went through two free replacement handles before he replaced it with an RCBS Rock Chucker press.

#10 GIockGuy24, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011