close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Broken Partner Press

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Alderak, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Alderak

Alderak

Mar 27, 2008
    So, I just went to prime a piece of 25/06 brass when the press handle went about 15 degrees too far in a quick jump from where it first started seating the primer.

::sour feeling in my stomach :shocked:::

I look down and the handle threads are stripped and the handle comes right out of the press.

So uh... do I try to shave off the threads, stick it in there and weld it on, or do I try to get rcbs to fix it?

(I already drank the blue cool-aid, but only use it to load my high volume cartridges)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

2. Alderak

Alderak

Mar 27, 2008
    I am sending you a replacement under warranty - no charge. Thanks for choosing RCBS and have a great day!

Thank you,

Technical Services/ap
    ATK/RCBS Operation

3. Alderak

Alderak

Mar 27, 2008
    those guys are fast! I got that email in one hour and 12 minutes.

can't ask for anything more than that.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  4. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Wow, that is great customer service. I've been using a Partner Press for around 20+ years. Loaded everything from handgun rounds to 30-06 and 45/70 on it and it works fine for a small single stage press. IIRC I paid around $25 bucks for it, now I guess they're quite a bit more but mine is still going strong. One thing, I don't use my press to prime cases. I've got an RCBS Handi-Primer that I use. Anyway, glad to hear they're going to take care of ya'.

5. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Nice, we have a RCBS guy on the forum. Great service as well.

6. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Oct 19, 2011
    RCBS has always been a great company. This is just another example!

Richard

7. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    I had a similar response from RCBS regarding a handprimer I broke. They asked my address and that was all they asked. The new one showed up a few days later.

8. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

Jul 14, 2005
    With Amber Lamps
    A friend had an RCBS Partner press and went through two free replacement handles before he replaced it with an RCBS Rock Chucker press.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011