close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Broke the SOB

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Sniperfox, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

Mar 20, 2006
    Wilmington NC
    I guess my new Kahr CW40 is broke before I even get to shoot it. The guy at the guns show showed me how it disassembles for cleaning and it wasn't until I got home that I noticed that the slide locks back whether there's a mag in it or not. I think he screwed it when he re-installed the slide stop pin. I noticed something on page 22 of the manual that says if it's done wrong that it will have to be shipped back to Kahr for repairs. Are they that danged fragile?

2. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    Are you able to disassemble it? The stop has been installed above the spring. Check the manual it should show a pic. You should be able to correct the problem simply by installing the stop under the spring. HTH

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    :rofl::rofl:

4. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

Mar 20, 2006
    Wilmington NC
    Yea, no kidding.

5. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

Mar 20, 2006
    Wilmington NC
    I removed the pin and the spring tip seems to be bent inward and won't allow the SS pin to go under.

6. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    Man, that has got to be the record for shortest break in period.:rofl:

7. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Quirky design issue but it's not a secret. Doesn't have anything to do with being "fragile". Don't let idiots fool with your gun.

8. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    You may try bending it into the proper shape. May have to replace it. I think you can get one from Kahr.

9. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
    If the guy at the gun show is a local dealer, take it to him and get him to give you you money back, or get it fixed properly or replace it.

Piss on him for being a boob.

10. Sounds like the spring is bent.

Directions say to start the pin in a certain direction, so the lever is up. Then to rotate it clockwise as you push the pin in, that way it doesn't bend the spring the wrong way.

I would think Kahr would send you a new spring. They might scold you first or something.

Still in spite of any quirks, the Kahr is a great gun. Nothing else that I know of has the same small size gun with good reliability and fullsize calibers.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012