close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Broke down and bought a superzoom

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by RED64CJ5, Feb 25, 2009.

1. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5
    Expand Collapse

I ordered a Canon SX10 IS last night. I'm heading off to the Philippines for two weeks and I wanted a simple to use camera that would give me big-boy quality at an affordable price.

The only negatives I could really find was it doesn't support RAW format and it doesn't have a remote option.

2. Menehune

Menehune
    Expand Collapse

You slike the camera? I am shopping right now, and it is on my possibles list. I used 35mm SLR for years, but fell out of it and when i went digital, went with a point-n-shoot. But now i'm looking again at a new one and leaning towards a DSLR, but was interested in the SX19b also.

Thanks

3. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5
    Expand Collapse

I like it so far, but I have not had a chance to really test it out. So far, only snapshots...

I'll know more in a week or two.

4. Glkster19

Glkster19
    Expand Collapse

I've got Canon's SX100IS, have had it for a year or so. Love it, best P&S I've had I think. Great picture quality. Don't use it much anymore since I am learning to use my DSLR, but am still contemplating the SX200IS when it arrives on the market. Nice to have a little pocket camera for vacation when you don't want to lug around a bag of lenses.

5. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the input. I stopped this morning on the way to work to try a few snapshots -- can't wait to look at them tonight.