close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bristol Palin Has A Bone To Pick With Obama Over Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DOC44, May 12, 2012.

1. DOC44

DOC44
    Expand Collapse

2. hogship

hogship
    Expand Collapse
    It's MY Island

Same sex marriage has been rejected by the voters of this country repeatedly. These are people BHO represents.

I have a relative who supports gay marriage, and every time I ask why it must be called a marriage, the answer comes in the form of a question. As long as the same sex couples are not restricted any of their rights to their alternative lifestyle, and are given every single benefit of a married couple, except a marriage certificate.......what's the point behind their thinking that's not being discussed?

Well, I'll tell you what the point is: The real purpose behind the push to call marriage a union between other than one man and one woman, is that it's specifically designed to alter the traditional concept of marriage......in other words, to change the values and moral foundations of those who don't believe it's right to alter their foundational beliefs.

It has absolutely nothing to do with denying any rights or privileges, and everything to do with changing moral concept, or traditional values. This is something most people who hold traditional values and moral concepts do not wish to do, and this issue forces a national attitude that goes against the will of the majority of Americans.

There, you have it..........:wavey:

ooc

#2 hogship, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  3. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall
    Expand Collapse
    HildabeastHater

Let the people vote on it in November.

4. hogship

hogship
    Expand Collapse
    It's MY Island

I would support a national vote on this issue......but, that won't happen with the gay rights activists. What they want is for government to change this for them......and avoid putting it to a vote.

ooc

5. rahrah12

rahrah12
    Expand Collapse

Nuclear war policies...his stance on gay marriage...seems about equal...

Glad to know Brstol is for a traditional marriage...:whistling:

#5 rahrah12, May 12, 2012
  6. QNman

QNman
    Expand Collapse
    resU deretsigeR
    Silver Member

I've got a better idea... Get the government out of the marriage business. No more tax deductions, etc. if you've proclaimed your love via marriage, that should suffice for property rights.

If gay folks can find a preacher willing to call them married, then who gives a rip? Take out the fed.gov and the Benny's afforded married couples, I will bet you this issue drops to near zero overnight.

7. eracer

eracer
    Expand Collapse
    Where's my EBT?

Bristol's picked a few bones in her day.

She gave up the right to moralize about sex when she had a child out of wedlock.

#7 eracer, May 12, 2012
  8. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

She acknowledges it was a mistake. Have you ever made one?

9. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

From the mouth of babes, way to go Bristol. Let's hope we have another Palin to be a thorn in the left's side for a long time to come.

10. camelotkid

camelotkid
    Expand Collapse
    non-believer

Thorn? more like something to laugh at and possibly ********** to:rofl:

11. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

So much for keeping ones sex life in the bedroom.

12. Gary W Trott

Gary W Trott
    Expand Collapse
    Prickley Fan

Wasn't he making fun of Ted Kennedy for doing the same thing on some issue? Or maybe it was Kennedy making fun of him, I just remember the two of them going at it.

13. HarlDane

HarlDane
    Expand Collapse

Could not agree more.

But until that happens, it's an equal protection issue.

14. maxsnafu

maxsnafu
    Expand Collapse

^^^Best idea I've heard all week.^^^

15. G29Reload

G29Reload
    Expand Collapse
    Tread Lightly

Not even remotely, logically possible. Non-sequitor.

A marriage creates legal entanglements. It's like forming a new corporation, legal joint purchasing power, fiduciary responsibility over bank accounts, credit, property ownership, joint liabilities, taxation, , inheritance, medical issues, responsibilities over bearing children, responsibility therefore, inoculations, school registry, liability for behavioral issues, etc. List is endless.

Therefore, someone has to produce metadata and define what marriage is, so we're all talking about the same thing, and there is no confusion. It used to be that we didn't grant special privilege to the mentally ill, we incarcerated them. There was no question what marriage was because it was obvious. Now we have to listen to the mentally ill have standing in arguing that marriage is something its not, in order to satisfy 3% of population in its moral bankruptcy, psychologically dysfunctional, anti-social desires to live like freaks.

Worse, its not even something compatible with that lifestyle. Hey, fish, here's your bicycle! Wait, what?

The whole concept is incompatible with a lifestyle that bends to the promiscuous. Even batched with that "LGBT nonsense…the "B" part. Bisexual? That's with both sexes. So, the next thing needed is to produce legislation that says groups of people can get married? Marriage is between 3 people? Why not 5? We can't have marriage constraining people to groups of 2, since that would UNFAIRLY WAH!!!) prevent a person who goes both ways from being with his other "attraction".

What a crock of s#$*!

Now if you don't define everything, people will start listing their dog as a dependent on their tax forms (it's happened) and someone WILL try to marry their dog, or pony, etc. The folks who say this is a slippery slope are absolutely right…gotta get it nailed down or someone will say, hey, if was between a man and a woman, now its two men, or two women, I'd like to be at one with my cat, or, hey this expensive vase from the Ming Dynasty has been in my family for so long, and we're already attached at the hip, so…

Don't laugh. Someone, somewhere, will try a "stunt", and some bozo judge with allow it and the next thing you know…

Set a definition, lock it down. Or else.

#15 G29Reload, May 12, 2012
  16. automatic slim

automatic slim
    Expand Collapse
    Walmart Shopper

You are correct. You would be labeled a "bigot", and other things I cannot repeat here, if you lived here in NC. Ooh, and also a "hayseed"......
    The only bigots I have seen on this issue are the lefties....talking violence too. :wavey:

17. G29Reload

G29Reload
    Expand Collapse
    Tread Lightly

No, that doesn't deprive you of rights.

In fact, it may have made her an expert, since she's learned some painful lessons due to practical experience.

18. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

Must be why the nut left is so obsessed with the Palin's huh?

19. DOC44

DOC44
    Expand Collapse

I believe Jimmy went first and really made fun of it.

Doc44

20. Alizard

Alizard
    Expand Collapse

Really? Maybe in the redneck states, but across the entire country that statement is false. The current approval is 50 - 48 in favor of legal same sex marriage (Gallup poll)

#20 Alizard, May 12, 2012