close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bring More Than 1 Magazine

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ede, Dec 19, 2004.

1. ede

ede Bama's Friend

shot an indoor match yesterday and guy shooting with me had a g17 and one mag. after each stage he had to reload and the rest of us had to wait, but it did give me a chance to pick up my brass. i sure hope it was his first time shooting and figured out he needs enough mags to finish the match without reloading.

2. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

For GSSF I recommend a minimum of four mags for each pistol.

3. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Just curious but why didn't someone offer to loan him a couple of mags? It might have meant the difference between that fellow being very frustrated & not having a good time & him realizing how fun it is, especially if you have a few more mags. Besides, it would have given someone a chance to make friends with him which is one of the best by-products of competitive shooting. On top of that, you all wouldn't have had to wait for him to reload. ????? :) MLM

4. bigbear_98

bigbear_98

I agree with Mark! You should always try to help out your fellow shooter.

5. Terminator

Terminator

I had a similar prblem in Lexington. It was my first match and i only had the 2 mags that came with a brand new 17. Luckily a super cool RO loaned me a mag to finish the match. That to me was the true spirit of GSSF. If i ever see anyone with that same problem, ill follow his example.

6. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I currently have 9, G17, 10 round magazines for GSSF and other matches with 10 round limits. I often loan them out to new shooters. Always gets me a smile and thanks plus the added advantage of a happy competitor. Those are the ones that buy extra magazines and come back! :)

7. ede

ede Bama's Friend

the loaner mag thing came up. i was shooting a 45 and two 357s he was shooting a 9mm, the other shooter was shooting a 40 so no one had extra mags that would of worked for him. i don't really think he had any idea it was a problem, not even really a problem but a little unhandy.

8. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Ed, If no one had the right kind of mag, that would be a very good reason for not loaning him one. Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you guys aren't a bunch of snobs at your place! :) See you around, MLM