close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Brighton Prizes

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Ghost361, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Ghost361

Ghost361

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i take it the mail man left something for you from glock today? missed you at the lexington match.

3. Ghost361

Ghost361

He left a disappointing letter requesting my social security number instead of the prize I was so longing for. My earlier deleted post was an aggravated rant. Just couldn't make the lexington match but shot a nice 8 pt buck instead.

4. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I got my Brighten prizes in the mail Monday. I could tell when I get that big envelop, I don't even have to read who it is from. I know it's check(s) from GSSF.

5. Turak

Turak

Got my prize certificate today (Monday) in the mail.

Seemed like it took forever, although it was really only about 6 weeks.

Now to decide which Pistol I want. Already have a G23, G24C, and G34.

Still would like a G17, G20, and a G35. Leaning more towards the G17 or G35. The G17 would be totally Free, while the G35 would cost an addition upgrade fee of $107.00 + $6.42 tax = $113.42.

Hmmmm... decisions, decisions.

FYI.. It indicates on the order form that you can no longer get complete models of the G17L or the G24/24C. It also indicates that the G24/24C Barrels and Slide Assemblies are also no longer available.

6. Turak

Turak

Here is the 2006/2007 Prize Sheet if you want to see the other upgrade fees...

7. ede

ede Bama's Friend

out here in BFE we still have a horse drawn mail wagon, i've not got anything from brighton yet.

8. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

:animlol: Been there done that. Very first match at Oakdale, after Butch, dp177 & some others who've become such good friends took pity on me & hauled me up there. Took a righteous attitude that day about providing my SSN to anyone, "...since I'm certainly not good enough yet to worry 'bout prizes." Had a blast, came 8th in A-C and got the same letter you did.
    :embarassed:

Every registration I've filled out since has been filled out completely.

Congrats on the nice buck! :thumbsup:

:patriot:

9. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

GSSF is answerable to the IRS to get 1099 forms out to all GSSF members who win more than $600 in match awards in a single calender year.

Their old system did not track the value of prizes won by individual members as the year progressed.

Therefore, after the last match of the calendar year, GSSF had to assemble them all, add them up, then decide who they had to send 1099s to.

Since getting an SSN AFTER the member got his prizes was like pulling teeth, the rule was that they had to have an SSN on file before ANY award was mailed, even if it was a single measly $25 award from a single measly match that that member was able to get to that year.

Their new system now DOES track awards by member, and automatically kicks out an SSN letter like the one you got once you have crossed the $600/year 1099 threshhold AND they don't have your SSN on file from a previous year.

That is why the SSN line is no longer on the GSSF Registration form.

All in all, I think everyone will agree that that is a change for the better.

10. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Thank you for that clarification.:thumbsup:

11. Ghost361

Ghost361

I had put my SSN on my registration before so that was not it and I understand the 1099 thing. I talked to Donna and she explained they no longer hold the SSN until someone breaks the $600 mark now due to the whole identity theft scare thing and such. So now if you clear the $600 dollar mark they need to get it again to put on the tax forms.

12. Turak

Turak

Went ahead and used my prize certificate...kicked in the upgrade fee and ordered a new G35.

Wonder if it will be one of the 'in stock' models, or one of the 'wait forever' models....hehe. At least its not the OD Green...definitely a 'wait forever' in any model.

13. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

What is the going rate now per certificate for 1099 Tax Reporting?

14. ede

ede Bama's Friend

1 won't put you over the mark and anything from indoor GGSF doesn't count.

15. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

How about 2 from outdoor matches? I don't think I have ever heard the reported rate per certificate.