close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Brighton Prelims are up!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Turak, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Turak

Turak

2. johnhurd

johnhurd Millennium Member

But they tacked on 10 sec to my AC plate stage. :upeyes:

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

they'll fix it for you, but you're right you wouldn't move.

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Ed Ellison....Congratulations for what seems on paper...( once.twice.thrice) in your graduation to a Master.

To IndyGlockers ....EDE...E.R.R....Old Man...Glockess56...and Christopher Long ...congrats on another first and second in Amateur for Teams...I see a reduction in time of over 50 seconds from last year..Sharon Looks like top female again...and a couple of seconds from Danny's record books on best scores for females.

Carver Mounts...our Mentors...just fantastic and congrats to another win...ohhh by the way...we will start a Master Team for Lexington.

John Farnsworth...congrats to your first place win in Amateur Guardian and First in Team as well....is that your second or third win for individual in Guardian ...do we bow yet to the Master?

To everyone else ...I hope ya all had a good time.:thumbsup:

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

And a FINE performance in MU!!!
    VERY well done! KUDOS!!! :number1: :rock: :music: :wow:

:patriot:

6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

thanks everyone. i was pretty excited waiting on the results to get posted thinking i had won all 3 classes and i was thinking with a little luck i might of won, by default, in UL only to default the win to the next shooter. i already had 2 wins so i'll only get one certificate from this match but what a way to go out. i can't believe i did as well as i did and have since st. paul.

i've been thinking about it and few things stand out to me as reasons for my improvement, beside shooting more matches.
    first at indy jim harland, the old man, gave me hell for the order i engaged the targets. i thought about it and he was right and i made adjustments at st. paul. at st. paul edwin rector, ERR, shot with me and kept telling me to slow down and it helped. in my mind it seems like i'm in slow motion when i'm shooting. finially and not sure how much differance it made but starting at st. paul i had standardized on federal primers in all my ammo, same loads just federal primers instead of whatever the store had in stock whch was either winchester or cci.

EDIT: i wanted to add i decided to retire my g23 after st. paul mostly because it got so hot shooting several classes. the week before marietta i got a g22 and added a heinie rear and dawson front, fired a couple of mags to make sure it worked and won AmCiv at marietta. then i figued out i was shooting better with the 22 than i was the 35 in comp so i left the 35 at home after marietta.

there are so many of you that shoot GSSF that i consider friends and look up to and admire and respect for what you can do and the help and advice you've gave me. that's one of the big draws for me to GSSF is the firends i have and so many i consider much better shooters then me, regardless of what the scores reflect. to think i am, on a good day,competitive with you is a wonderful feeling.

see you in conyers

7. GLW

GLW

Well said Ed. Congratulations on a fine performance.:thumbsup:

8. ERR

ERR

ED: If I thought you were listening to me, I would have told you to shoot faster---just kidding. Congradulation on your promotion to master status

9. Turak

Turak

Looks like I took 29th in the Amateur Civilian using my CCW carry piece - a stock Glock 23.

Considering that was my very first ever GSSF match....not too bad.

Boy I tell you, I definitely was not used to shooting timed events with a buzzer starting them off....kept wanting to shoot wayyy to fast. I am sure practice will help with that.

Definitely fun....especially the plates.

10. Ghost361

Ghost361

Thanks for the vote of confidence but that is actually my first win. And that one got off to a rough start as well. I had a 10 second penalty in that score and was afraid it was going to cost me the whole enchilada.

11. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Well looks like you did fantastic for your first match, I shot a 232.00 for my first match and choked at Marietta this year and shot a 239.00...the 88.75 in competition at Brighton was a re-dedication of composure and time ....Are you going to Lexington ???

12. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i started competition at marietta in '04 and shot something like a 300. i was using a dead stock G37 with a NY trigger and used it all that year. at indy in '05 i was still shooting whatever ammo i had on hand trying to get rid of it and standardize on one load. still in a g23 and g30 with NY triggers. finially by marietta in '05 i had GSSF dedicated guns with good sights and no NY triggers. i started this year with standrized loads for GSSF and not shooting whatever i have on hand, or factory loads, but i did win last year with .40 blazer aluminum ammo.

13. Turak

Turak

Thank you for the kind words...

I'd like to go to the Lexington match....its about 400 miles or so for me to drive there. Trying to talk a friend into going with me. He also shot at Brighton, but did a bit worse than I did. I keep telling him, first time jitters, timed event, shooting in front of people watching......just takes a few times to get used to it. I am going to keep workin on him....might be able to talk him into going.

Wish there was a closer range that did the GSSF/IPSC shoots. Nearest ranges are about 20-25 miles away from me. Makes it hard to get the practice in that I would like to.