close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bremerton or Bust!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by yobohadi, Sep 7, 2012.

1. yobohadi

yobohadi
    Expand Collapse
    Peon Trainee

I am leaving Boise right now, should be in the Seattle area by nightfall. Hopefully I shoot better then I did at the Albany match. See some of you there!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh
    Expand Collapse

I decided to shoot on Sunday after all.

I will try to get there early.

Also, if you want to go out for a beer or whatever on Saturday night, that would be cool.

I will message you my cell.

3. mattleegee

mattleegee
    Expand Collapse

This is in my backyard, ive been wanting to goto my first match for awhile, just recently got my hat!

4. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

Preparing for another big win on Sunday, are you S?

5. JonInWA

JonInWA
    Expand Collapse

My shooting buddy and I plan on making it there pretty much first thing on Saturday-looks to be beautiful weather-hope to see some of you there.

Best, Jon

#5 JonInWA, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  6. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh
    Expand Collapse

No, I haven't shot or dry fired since a month or so.

:( been swamped at work and gearing up for hunting

7. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

I didn't exactly mean preparing by shooting or dry-firing... :beer: :beer: :beer: :drink:

#7 SARDG, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  8. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh
    Expand Collapse

Oh, yeah, that prep...
    :)

No, we're gonna grab something after instead.

I think I want to shoot a division One handed too.

Will they let me?

9. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

I can't see why not. Observe the safety rules and one of two correct 'ready' positions and go for it. But why - aren't you challenged enough in GSSF?

10. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh
    Expand Collapse

Just to test my ability one handed.

11. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts
    Expand Collapse
    Brew Crew

Stay away from some of the women folk around there. They don't call them bremalos for nothin.

12. Lawman223

Lawman223
    Expand Collapse

Getting up at 4:15 AM. Should be up there first thing Sunday. See you all there.

13. Ay Dios Mio

Ay Dios Mio
    Expand Collapse

Good luck to all of you.

I can't go. I have a jacked up tooth. :faint:

14. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh
    Expand Collapse

Prepping my gear for tomorrow. Thought you guys might like to see inside my magic box.

The box: I can sit on it.

[​IMG]

The top lid opens and I put cleaning stuff and misc items in it.

[​IMG]

The main compartment.
    [​IMG]

Cheap mag holders and the gun (gen2 g17) I use in all my divisions.

[​IMG]

It's my carry gun, normally loaded with gold dot 115 grn

[​IMG]

#14 S.Kargoh, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  15. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh
    Expand Collapse

Interestingly, seeing that last photo just made me aware that it was 147 grn. The ammo counter attendant at Wal-Mart said all he had was 115, then produced the ammo for me to buy after I said that was fine.

Here are some pics of the morning's journey:

Cloudy morning. Last 50 days have been dry and sunny .

[​IMG]

Dog was constipated and took a while to do his morning business. I was last car on ferry. Barely made it.

[​IMG]

Looking back from where we came.

[​IMG]

Wow! Tons of small watercraft out there. I wonder if they all just voluntarily move out of our path. We are going pretty fast.

[​IMG]

Well, got my answer. Everyone moved out of the way, except for one rude jerk. We had to power down and the captain blew his (very loud) horn. Then the jerk finally started tooling out of the way. wwhy does there always have to be "that one guy".
    Hhaha.

[​IMG]

#15 S.Kargoh, Sep 9, 2012
  16. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

Smaller craft do not necessarily have to move out of the way. Federal ColRegs (Collision Regulations) - the Navigation Rules, dictate who has the right-of-way ("stand-on" boat vs. "give-way" boat).

I patrolled for years on the Mississippi River near St. Louis with heavy tow boat/barge traffic and we always said "the bigger boat has the right-of-way" - not necessarily legally true, but very prudent. On some rivers, and going downstream, depending on load, it might take a mile to stop those tows. Do you really want to die knowing only that you had the right-of-way? :)

17. JonInWA

JonInWA
    Expand Collapse

We had a very enjoyable match yesterday; we were in fact some of the first shooters (and everything was a "go" when we arrived, around 9:15), so after we squadded, we quickly moved through all the stages without any delays. Overall, the RO's were very well informed, and expedited the process without rushing (or rushing through) things. Attendance seemed a bit sparse on Saturday morning; hopefully things picked up in the afternoon and today (Sunday).

There was great, even shooting light, particularly on the Plates and 5-to-Glock (my personal bete-noir); Glock M was shaded, but it was even shade, so it didn't present any real problems either. We had some scheduling constraints, so my friend and I only shot 2 divisions, back-to-back, and used the same guns (our G19s) for both divisions, simplifying both the transitions and magazine/magazine management. I was reminded just how handy and shootable my G19s are-the one I used was a Gen 3 with the newer "Gen 3.5" triggerbar (with the bent and channelled lower extension coil spring attachment point "dogleg") (and a smooth trigger), a dot connector (with the OEM coil trigger return spring), an extended Glock slide stop/release, and OEM Trijicon sights-the sights provided a very crisp, readable sight picture and were easily acquired.

I had a great time-no 'personal bests' per se (either in any individual division category or divisionally), but overall up there with my better GSSF performances. I and my friend/coach noted and isolated some areas for improvement, and I certainly won't be winning anything based on performance, but I had a great time, and a worthwhile one.

And of course it was a pleasure chatting with Matt Chen and Scotty Banks from Glock.

Best, Jon

#17 JonInWA, Sep 9, 2012
  18. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh
    Expand Collapse

Well, it was a fine day. A little cloudy and windy, but intermittently so. I met up with yobohadi and his bud "noah". We all had a great time shooting and joking together. We all shot pretty well too.

I felt bad for the RO people on the far glock'm bay. They were waiting for a lunch break for what seemed like Forever. Not sure if they ever got relieved.

I learned that:
    A)shooting one handed isn't easy, but is doable.
    B)major sub can screw up your best plans (ask yobohadi). :)
    C)lube: well , let's just leave it at that.

Now, I owe Yobohadi 2 beers. He foiled my plan to buy him a beer by buying me two!

Fun times.

19. Lawman223

Lawman223
    Expand Collapse

I learned I need to actually look at the weather report. Figuring it's been warm the last few days doesn't really cut it. Shorts and Techwear are great for Vegas, not so much when it's in the 50's and windy. Froze my butt off most of the morning.

20. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I was in and out of a light sweatshirt all day.

Never the right temperature.

I watch the forecast like a hawk for my job (they are seldom right though). .

#20 S.Kargoh, Sep 9, 2012