close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Breaking News: US dollar exchange rate is now 1 : 1 !!

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by lazyjohn, Jul 23, 2005.

1. lazyjohn

lazyjohn
    Expand Collapse

1 USD = 1 kilo of hundred peso bills! ;z

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. bulm540

bulm540
    Expand Collapse

and what is your point???

3. riddler

riddler
    Expand Collapse

I am not a mind reader but maybe what lazyjohn is trying to say is that with the never-ending and escalating political turmoil there in the Philippines, the economy is going downhill fast.

4. antediluvianist

antediluvianist
    Expand Collapse

Civil disasters and coups can be taken as opportunities to buy ALI (Ayala Land Inc. ) and other blue chips which have the strength to come back up. ALI was at P7.00 just two weeks ago. It's now back at P8.20. That's 17% profit in two weeks. (It takes a whole year to make just 8% in a certificate of deposit or T-bill.)

If there are riots tomorrow at the SONA, so what. Those disturbances might induce some short-term drops in blue-chips on Tuesday - the next trading day - and if so, I'll be buying.

Money is made in the stock market when there is volatility. Frankly, these riots are good for making money by buy-and-sell tactics in the stockmarket. The foreigners - who account for more than half of all trades - panic and sell cheap after civil disturbances. Fine.

In the long run, the Philippines will not be as prosperous as, say, Malaysia or Singapore, but we are way better off than many other places in this world - a lot of countries in Eastern Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Africa, for instance. It's all relative. Anybody want to live in Serbia, Bulgaria, Bolivia, Bhutan, Nepal, Uganda ?

5. royal glockster

royal glockster
    Expand Collapse

$1 = Pph 1, simply means 1 dollar = 100 pesos. With things going on right now, it is not a remote possibility. ;Q

6. lazyjohn

lazyjohn
    Expand Collapse

So are you saying that it's acceptable as long as other countries are worse off that the Philippines? WOW! No wonder! (BTW, my original post was meant to be a joke, but since you opened a can of worms, all is fair).

7. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

Not to mention that it's a buyers market sa real estate
    There are delicious bargains to be had dito sa CALABARZON area

Bolivia , Nepal...uyyy, those are mountain bike paradise
    Bhutan is also beautiful daw if you can get in

8. Phantasm

Phantasm
    Expand Collapse

I do not know antediluvianist, but I think he's looking into the positive side of things in a world scale. We are indeed better off than the countries he mentioned.

9. antediluvianist

antediluvianist
    Expand Collapse

You exaggerated in your first post, and you are exaggerating in this one too.

There are bad things in the Philippines that we should try to fix. Nowhere did I write that the situation is "acceptable". YOU introduced that word.

I pointed out that everything is relative, and the Philippines is not nearly as bad as many other places in this world. That does NOT mean that we should cease trying to improve things here, just as people in Uganda have to keep trying to improve things there.

10. mikol

mikol
    Expand Collapse

+1 :)

11. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

I dont know about you guys pero .... matsalap pa rin dito sa pinas :)
    I love it here

12. mikol

mikol
    Expand Collapse

for me ok lang din naman kung dyan. kaso for the wife and maybe for the childrens future din siguro kaya nya na sabi sakin akin yun. mahirap maka pangasawa ng maganda tsaka matalino, mahirap tanggihan tska mahirap isahan. ;f ;) ;)

13. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

+1:)

14. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

TROLL ALERT ^4

15. lazyjohn

lazyjohn
    Expand Collapse

No, not trolling at all, got the joke from this board that is frequented by your fellow countypersons: http://members4.boardhost.com/kababayan/

16. lazyjohn

lazyjohn
    Expand Collapse

No point, it was a joke. Lighten up FRANCIS!

17. bagito

bagito
    Expand Collapse
    tanod

glockcowboy????;z ;z ;z

18. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

eazzzy! chill bogs. :cool:

19. Mang Danny

Mang Danny
    Expand Collapse

Nakaka-homesick naman!;1
    Sa 'Pinas masaya pero mahirap ang buhay (kayod marino).
    Dito sa US malungkot pero tahimik ang buhay.

20. riddler

riddler
    Expand Collapse

How many people are into the stockmarket in the Philippines?
    How many workers have to pay more to get to their place of work or lose a day's earning?
    How many tons of produce are made to rot because of inability to transport them to the market?
    How many contractors are penalized with fines because of delay of project completion?
    How many small businesses are agonizing over the lost day of revenue while rent still needs to be paid at the end of the month?
    How much is it costing the factories there in terms of lost productivity?
    How many people are employed by these so called "foreigners"?

I respect your sentiment but please do not forget that while riots, strikes and other civil disturbances are considered "opportunities" by people like you to make more money, it does the opposite to the bigger majority.

I have friends and a few relatives there who are literally losing jobs, homes, farms and even hope. All because of the actions, ambitions and greed of some people. Please don't herald your "opportunities" to make money during those times that they are suffering.

I am not insinuating that you are a callous person but merely pointing out that your theory of "relativity" is relative to what part of society you are in.

This post is not a flame, rather a view from a different perspective.