close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Breaking: FoxNews 2:00AM…Its Ryan. Announce Norfolk VA 8AM Sat

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by G29Reload, Aug 11, 2012.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Ugh, really?

And why are they doing this at 9am on a SATURDAY?

I swear the Romney campaign is doing everything possible to lose this election. It's McCain all over again.

2. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Not a thing in this post makes any sense whatsoever unless you're an Obama voter.

There's nothing wrong with Saturday.

Its an excellent pick.

It helps the electoral math.

Ryan counter balances the RINO factor.

3. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    I believe it changes the electoral math for a win!

If Ryan brings his home state…

We can win without NV, OH or PA.

With the usual suspects,

and

CO (ahead 5 points)
    NH
    FL
    NC
    VA

It's OVER. 277-261, Romney.

It Romney can bring MI, add 16.
    OH, 18
    PA and its bitter clingers 20

And its a landslide, 311-227

270towin.com

4. It is a wise choice. It will reunite the GOP for the following reasons I just posted in the other thread:

As a former Ron Paul supporter, I'd say Paul Ryan is the best possible choice. If Romney gets elected, we know that the new V.P. will have a real job--driving the budget overhaul. RP's primary appeal was his seriousness about doing something real about cutting spending, balancing the budget and reducing the this country's mortal debt trajectory. The choice of Paul Ryan as his running mate shows that Romney is serious about these top priorities of the Tea Party. In addition, it reinforces in no uncertain terms that Romney will be a very different president than Obama. All those who like to say there isn't a dime's worth of difference between the candidates or parties now have nothing to say because their premise has been proven false. I was never going to vote for Obama but was toying with the idea of voting LP. But, if Ryan's on the ticket, my enthusiasm for the GOP will increase 10-fold and I will happily support it.

5. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
  6. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
    I think Mitt did it now to shift the focus off all the negatives - taxes, Bane - that Obama has been putting off.

So, now Ryan can get his proctology exam from the media. And that can be out of the way before the convention.

7. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

Nov 24, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Ryan is a solid fiscal conservative (which is apparently what the tea party wants to be). Romney isn't a conservative, he's a rich white guy... He's clueless, but Ryan at least fights for fiscal reform and can speak intelligently on the subject, on his own, without pre-determined talking points that don't actually talk about anything.

I'm still not there yet, Romney is running for Pres, so he still has to sell me because the VP still has zero power.

8. zeke501

zeke501

Oct 13, 2004
    arkansas
    AMEN!!! Great pick!!!!:supergrin:

9. DUmb, DUmb, DUmb.

While I like the guy, IMHO, this is a big mistake.

In order to keep obama in check in case he does win, we need to take the Senate. We need power to reject his Marxist SCOTUS nominations. We can only do that with 50 Senators,

This opens up WI to a democrat party pick-up.

Allen West would have been the safer choice.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  10. G17Jake

G17Jake

Sep 13, 2002
    The media has a target now that they can begin to zero in on.

11. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
    How does losing a R congressman affect the Senate composition of R/D?

12. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    That's why I wouldn't pick a senator like Portman nor Rubio. I would have pick Ryan as he's a Congressman not a Senator. We've got plenty of Congressman and least likely to lose majority there in the US House. This is very good.

Been working 12 hr days like a dog, but I just have to get in on this. Very exciting!

13. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    Can you imagine a debate between a loud mouth VP and Ryan ?

It would be like the Dream Team in Barcelona Olympic against Venezuela basketball team.

One goes off the cuff with fictitious items, and the others with real statistical facts. I think the VP's pants is real wet and muddy right now, and it's not from excitement.

So now the press will push the image that "Statistics can fool you", which is true, but only for one who tries to be more intelligent can he's capable of.

14. Yeah. I've since been set straight,

Born and bred in Jonesborough, TN. What can I say.:tongueout:

15. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    Your concern is well taken, though. Many times, people promote from within the rank to a higher level, only to leave a void that can become destructive and undermind the whole thing.

Happens in the corporate world all the times. Just to prove Mitt's experience is working for us.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  16. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    Perfect ticket? No.

Great ticket? Possibly.

What we will see is the Democrat version of Animal House in death throes against the reasoned adult Republican efforts to right the ship of state Obama has managed to steer onto the shoals of failure.

What will be really fun will be hearing the accusations of old dead, neglected people piled like cord wood along every highway and byway even though the Medicare changes as proposed by Ryan have nothing to do with anyone over the age of 55.:supergrin:

17. One of the best aspects of this pick is that it lays the groundwork for the future direction of GOP leadership. Ryan is only 41 and much more conservative than McCain/Romney. If Romney loses, Ryan will instantly be the frontrunner for the top spot in 2016. If Romney wins, Ryan will have eight years as VP under his belt and become POTUS in 2020.

This pick has far-reaching and, AFAIC, a greatly beneficial impact on returning the GOP to it's conservative roots.

18. G17Jake

G17Jake

Sep 13, 2002
    That should be entertaining.

19. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

There's actually a real life analogy: The health care summit when Ryan went into clear detail about the fiction behind the CBO's scoring of Obamacare, to Obama's face, and all Obama could do was sit there and glare since he couldn't grasp the plan facts and knowledge Ryan was putting to him...and the audience.

I think there's video on YouTube for interested parties.

Dems will try, but they won't be able to credibly portray Ryan as a dimwit.