close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BREAKING: Biden Suggests Executive Order

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LockHavenYellow, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Sweet Home Alabama
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323442804578231683590914480.html

2. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Regrading a "List".

The issue is:
    Who makes the list.

What are the requirements to be on the list.

These two questions will determine whether or not you, and all law abiding citizens with guns, are determined to be a danger to ourselves and others.

Just wanting/having a gun is disturbing to many liberals that are afraid of firearms and see them as death incarnate. This alone may qualify you and me for the list.

You will be assured that all your concerns of the gun community will be considered in the baseline describing this list.

If you believe the assurances of the persons wanting the list more than the assurances of "no taxes" and "health care with no down side", You are trusting people like Pelosi who say to pass the bill and then we will see what's in it.

3. spcwes

spcwes

Feb 22, 2005
    Texas
    Has anyone seen the videos made by Amidst The Noise on youtube? Not sure what your thoughts are but I actually like the videos made a great deal and respect the clarity in how he expresses his thoughts. Might be old news but if you have not watched this do so and if you feel it is worth others seeing share it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooa98FHuaU0&feature=youtu.be

Then check this one out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2riOiBaZrg&feature=youtu.be

I think Eric hit the head of the nail with a sledgehammer that fell out of a plane near orbit to be honest. We need to get organized and we need to put good people in front to represent us and not loud mouthed lunatics so we do not continue a perception that gun owners are idiots or crazy or both.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  4. spcwes

spcwes

Feb 22, 2005
    Texas
    Further what happens when the list is what is used to start systematically disarming more and more people? Who will control it and decide?

5. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

Nov 9, 2010
    Doing my part by posting this.

[​IMG]

6. bear62

bear62 Armed Bear

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
    Biden is an idiot. Biden's boss is an idiot. That's it.

7. spcwes

spcwes

Feb 22, 2005
    Texas
    That is not the part that makes me sick, it is that so many Americans were stupid enough to put them in the seats they hold.../shakes head and punches a kitten....

8. ^^ The kid is cute, the witch no so much. tom.

9. BigDeeeeeeee

BigDeeeeeeee Reluctantly Deplorable!

If the administration is already talking EO then it just means that the "conversation on gun violence" isn't going as well as they hoped.

10. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    Let's hope so.

11. How old are you?

I would also love to know what state you reside in....

Yeah, I know, you owm the place.

12. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Aug 29, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio USA
    I don't think dems forgot the '94 lesson. They believe the BHO magic will be able to carry the election cycle. After all who doesn't believe the COOL BLACK DUDE.

13. The future elections don't matter. The moochers and leeches control things now. They out-number the producers.

14. Narkcop

Narkcop

Jan 12, 2003
    Kentucky
    The battle has begun. They should pass a law saying whoever voted for Obama should be required to turn in their weapons.

WHAT HE SAID...

15. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    While I advocate contacting your reps and have posted my letter sent my own reps, I agree with your assertion. I've repeatedly stated that this past election was the transition of this nation.

Our gov't cannot resist the urge to grow. They have succeeded in creating a majority of dependents who vote. Until the hosts stop giving or have no more to give, the parasites will continue to elect those who are going to consume more from the hosts.

With all that, back on topic. This is not the first time that the WH has cited EO as a possible option. They obviously have some ideas on how an executive order could help achieve their desired result. I don't know what trick they have up their sleeves; however I'm confident that they believe they might have found one. There is no benefit to them touting this option and or trying it, if they know that it will only fail the subsequent scrutiny.

16. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Moderator

Jan 1, 1970
    I am 45 and I live in Texas. Eric

17. Threefoot

Threefoot

Dec 28, 2012
    +1

I have seen these videos and I agree, well spoken and delivered. We need more words from level headed people like this. The loud mouths like Alex Jones is terribly hurting our cause. we end up being the poster child for the gun-grabbers. "Look what psycho lunatics the gun owners are..."

In a debate such as gun control vs gun rights a level head and well thought out arguments are the way to go. The first one to lose his temper is the one who loses credibility especially to the level displayed by Alex Jones v Piers Morgan..

Support and pass around the positive voices of reason of our cause.

18. 2bgop

2bgop

Dec 5, 2006
    In the SEC
    This.

It is a very odd attempt at leverage. It is entirely possible Biden went a little far off script, it tends to happen all the time.

19. bear62

bear62 Armed Bear

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
    I agree with you......... Many Americans were very stupid.

20. Thank you for the research.

Now what if a sitting president wanted to challenge this precedent? My guess is that he would basically make whatever executive orders that he intends to make, (possibly making them as ambiquous as possible, open to interpretation so to speak), and let the lawsuits fly. The intent of the executive order, it will then be argued, is not to create new law but to expand on existing ones, or something to that effect. It may also be argued that it is a constitutional duty of the president to assure the "right" to be free of gun violence, under the life liberty and pursuit of happiness bit, thereby trumping the rights mentioned specifically in the second amendment.

On a side note, can he accomplish some of his end goals by merely ordering the BATF to change direction in a few key areas?

He may also decide to have the AG move toward re-opening the lead ammo can of worms, as I mentioned in the other thread. This would put prices through the roof, essentially limiting the use of firearms to those in the "Have" group as opposed to the "Have Nots", further dividing the gun community.

As they have said themselves, all options are on the table, and I believe they are exploring all of these avenues.