close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BREAKING: Biden Suggests Executive Order

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LockHavenYellow, Jan 9, 2013.

1. jay29

jay29

HIGH NOON: SHERIFF BIDEN, NRA SHOWDOWN...
    'The president is going to act'...
    BANG BANG: CUOMO TO ANNOUNCE SWEEPING GUN LAWS...
    Clinton Turns Tech Speech Into Gun Rant...
    Iowa lawmaker calls for confiscation...
    CT lawmaker calls for background checks to buy ammo...
    Gun sales soar in Atlanta...
    'Folks are grabbing just about any gun they can get their hands on'...

=======

The battle has begun. They should pass a law saying whoever voted for Obama should be required to turn in their weapons.

2. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Who is he/she? I too believe short, quick people shouldn't be underestimated but I don't think they could take our guns.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013

3. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

:rofl: I couldn't agree more.

4. mortpes

mortpes

5. LockHavenYellow

LockHavenYellow Flyin' Low

Already did, but our opinions have zero weight in DC.

6. Climb14er

Climb14er

The narcissistic KING has spoken! :upeyes:

7. jay29

jay29

People should be stockpiling. I should have started long ago.

8. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

So, a President could never use it to create an entire federal enforcement agency, for instance?

http://www.justice.gov/dea/about/history.shtml

Never say never.

9. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Kidding, right? A bunch of us have been saying the exact same thing for weeks.

10. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

Do you know what 'weight' is? What political power is? The exercising of political will is power. Exercising that political will is an act of force. Make your voice heard, individually or as a group, and you have political power. Pols listen to that power. Sit on the sidelines and ***** and you might as well not have have an opinion.

The system works. If a group is able to push to assert their political will over yours, then one of two things has happened: You are truly in the minority, or they used the system more effectively than you. I do not believe we are in the minority on this. I do believe though that the opposition is better organized and they use the system more effectively than us. That is our problem and our failing. If we want to win, we need to rectify that problem. Eric

11. Eric

Well, I said it with more flair. Image is everything. Eric

12. LockHavenYellow

Go ahead and write your letters and make your calls. All we get these days are boilerplate responses or political aids trying to press agendas while explaining to me why I should believe what they believe.

I just got an email from "the White House" the other day explaining that the vast majority of Americans want heavy gun control. I'll be happy to forward it to you if needed.

They couldn't care less - it's all about THEM.

13. LockHavenYellow

"When Discussing the Second Amendment, Keep the First in Mind Too

By Jay Carney, White House Press Secretary

Thank you for participating in We the People to speak out on an issue that matters to you.

Let’s not let arguments over the Constitution’s Second Amendment violate the spirit of its First. President Obama believes that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. However, the Constitution not only guarantees an individual right to bear arms, but also enshrines the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press -- fundamental principles that are essential to our democracy. Americans may disagree on matters of public policy and express those disagreements vigorously, but no one should be punished by the government simply because he or she expressed a view on the Second Amendment -- or any other matter of public concern.

We recognize that the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, sparked an intense, and at times emotional, national conversation about the steps we can take as a country to reduce gun violence.

In a recent press conference, President Obama also addressed the Second Amendment and the important perspective that law-abiding gun owners bring to the public conversation on this issue:

'Look, like the majority of Americans, I believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. This country has a strong tradition of gun ownership that's been handed down from generation to generation. Obviously across the country there are regional differences. There are differences between how people feel in urban areas and rural areas. And the fact is the vast majority of gun owners in America are responsible -- they buy their guns legally and they use them safely, whether for hunting or sport shooting, collection or protection.

But you know what, I am also betting that the majority -- the vast majority -- of responsible, law-abiding gun owners would be some of the first to say that we should be able to keep an irresponsible, law-breaking few from buying a weapon of war. I'm willing to bet that they don't think that using a gun and using common sense are incompatible ideas -- that an unbalanced man shouldn't be able to get his hands on a military-style assault rifle so easily; that in this age of technology, we should be able to check someone's criminal records before he or she can check out at a gun show; that if we work harder to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people, there would be fewer atrocities like the one in Newtown -- or any of the lesser-known tragedies that visit small towns and big cities all across America every day.'"

They're attacking this problem from the way wrong angle. Period.

14. LockHavenYellow

And for the record, I have zero issue with proving training, taking tests, or being checked against a mental health database. But this won't stop criminals from doing what they do.

But I digress...

15. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

A quick copy and paste:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order

So, best we can tell, the President's executive order authority does not extend to making new laws - he has to be carrying out a constitutional duty or a congressionally enacted law.

16. LockHavenYellow

[​IMG]

:rofl:

17. JimIsland

JimIsland

Well you make comments like "It's over"...whatcha expect:tongueout:

18. LockHavenYellow

'Tis true...

19. Eric

I've never seen someone who was sure he was going to lose be surprised by the results. Like I said, quit if you like. It sounds like you already have. Keep in mind though that a defeatist attitude is contagious. So is an optimistic one. Eric

20. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Very informative and useful.

Thanks