close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

BREAKING: 7th Court of Appeals orders concealed carry in Illinois

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by BudMan5, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    BudMan5
    I missed that part! :whistling: Yep then block everything until you get Constitutional carry! That's the best thing you can have! Then you don't have to pay for training, permits and OC is allowed! I always thought it was funny IL didn't even follow there own State Constitution as far as guns!:rofl:

2. Actually, they do. The IL State Constitution says:
    "SECTION 22. RIGHT TO ARMS
    Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The state does have the police power, and therefore the laws they passed are the "subject only to police power" that's mentioned. Very sad, but still within the rights as listed in the state constitution.

3. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    "SECTION 22. RIGHT TO ARMS
    Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Ah no they didn't as you didn't have the right to carry! And the police power "Infringed on every other aspect of your right without any justification!

4. 33rdglock17

33rdglock17 Boosh

Feb 6, 2011
    anti gun, IL
    It will be amazing if we actually get shall issue. I know my local CLEO is all for CC though so even may issue will work for me but I'd feel bad for everybody else.

The local chicago news broadcasts are already talking about how this will flood the streets with guns and cause "wild west shootouts". They just fail to accept that it is a gang/drug culture problem, not a gun problem

5. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    33rdglock17
    Agreed I just can't see the Progressive libertards just rolling over and letting this slide -especially King Obamamoa! This is going to get very interesting!:whistling:

6. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    Tell the MORONS to look to Texas, Louisiana and Florida. Violent crime dropped. But they are parroting the same thing the MORON Liberals did in those states and it AIN'T NEVER HAPPENED!!!! But the MORONS will continue broadcasting BS to scare the sheep. OH LODY LODY DEM PEOPLE GONNA HAVE GUNS OH LODY :upeyes:

7. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    That would require free thinking,it ain't gonna happen with those folk.'08.

8. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Okay, so to them bad guys shooting bad guys and innocents is okay, but good guys shooting bad guys is not okay?

The next weekend of 30+ shootings by bad guys, someone should call in to a local talk show and ask that question...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  9. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    Bad guys shooting bad guys = OK. Bad guys shooting good guys = OK. Good guys shooting bad guy = VERRY B A D!!!! :upeyes:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  10. I0WA

I0WA

Feb 1, 2012
    As a resident of Illinois, and a commuter into Chicago, I am very much looking forward to how this turns out. I'd love to see our guys in the seats unite and block all bills until constitutional carry is allowed.