close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

BRD(Black Rifle Disease) in full effect.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by cmslone, Feb 19, 2010.

1. cmslone

cmslone

Dec 7, 2009
    OH
    About 2 months ago I bought a CMMG bargain bin 16". I truly like the rifle. Spot on accurate, not a mark on it. 120 rounds the first time out and no FTF's or FTE's. I had no issues with it at all. I would totally recommend it to someone wanting a decent rifle for a really good price. I dressed it in Foliage with a Magpul stock, grip and XTM panels and figured I was done. But like when I had my Ruger P89, I was always reading about some problems here and there that made me second guess a little. So I sold the Ruger and bought a Glock 26 so I knew I had a top notch product.
    As my wife tells me, everything I own has a price. Anyway, a guy on another board I frequent wanted an EBR, so I offered mine up. :whistling:
    Two other posters decided to 'split' the rifle and offered me decent money for it, so I sold it.

I ended up finding a Precision Aero lower and parts kit, ordered a milspec stock hardware kit from Bravo Co. to fit my current MOE stock and today I ordered a BCM 14.5" carbine upper(with perm FH).

With the sold rifle, I basically had to come up with $75 to "upgrade" to this new rifle. That's a no brainer in my book. Now I'm already thinking of a second build, I don't even have this one built!

2. As a buddy once said... "... AR's are like barbie dolls for guys. And you can accessorize them anyway you like."

3. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I am fighting it as best I can. I bought my first AR over a decade ago... never messed with it, then bought a second one 10 years ago. Now I started playing with the whole AR build thing and next thing you know, got my third one last month and I can't stop shopping for parts and uppers and lowers and everything in between... gotta stop myself.

4. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Just you wait. It can get bad enough to where you have two dozen of them. I know.

5. SilverBullet_83

SilverBullet_83 NRA member

Nov 23, 2008
    Clermont, Fl
    I would be a proud recipient of a donation. :supergrin:

6. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    I am trading one of them this week for an early model Beretta BM59.

7. I like my CMMG. They have a lifetime warranty also. I've had no problems with mine. Properly staked gas key and all.

8. cmslone

cmslone

Dec 7, 2009
    OH
    No, not badmouthing CMMG at all in my particular case. Like I said, I really liked the rifle. But in my instance, I got to "upgrade" to the 1/7 twist, ambi sling adapter and full auto BCG for a total additional cost of about $75. Not to mention it was a BCM with 14.5" barrel, which is the barrel length I wanted all along.

To me that was a no brainer.