Glock Talk banner

Brazilian made, not just Taurus

13K views 98 replies 31 participants last post by  bac1023 
#1 ·
Just realized that my SA loaded, that I had to send back for service was 'made in Brazil -Imbel".

My Taurus PT1911 is also made in Brazil, has more standard features and did not need factory trigger service, and cost $300 less. Hmmm...

#7 ·
There is nothing wrong with the Springfield Armory guns made in Brazil.
Imbel has been making firearms for a long time.
They make guns for the military in Brazil and several other nations militaries.
The quality of the steel made in Brazil is first rate.
No problem as far as I can see.
Springfield's customer service is excellent, which makes the higher price a better deal to me than the lower priced Taurus and their almost non existant customer service.
Try sending your PT1911 back and then compare the two.

#9 ·
I would buy the Springfield in a heartbeat. I have owned them before. I have never had a problem with mine.

The Taurus, I gave that Company 5 tries. They failed me every time. If somebody gave me one, I would sell it unfired. That way I would have a clear conscience about its reliability. That comes from my own personal experience. Not any internet giber gabber.

#11 ·
I have owned many a Taurus as well.

I think they make pretty good revolvers, I would carry one with confidence. Their semi autos are a bit different. The one based directly on the Beretta 92 seems like a solid gun. They even put the safety in the right place unlike Beretta :)

The rest of the semi autos from them have never caught my fancy, including the PT1911s.

#12 ·
I have owned many a Taurus as well.

I think they make pretty good revolvers, I would carry one with confidence. Their semi autos are a bit different. The one based directly on the Beretta 92 seems like a solid gun. They even put the safety in the right place unlike Beretta :)

The rest of the semi autos from them have never caught my fancy, including the PT1911s.
We have identical feelings on Taurus. I like my PT92 and revolvers. That's it.

#21 ·
No, not at all. A lot of folk bash the PT-1911 but for a sub $400 1911 it will function fine with a forged frame & slide and not let you down.
I'll give you the forged frame and slide but it's well known that, these guns aren't $399 or below NOW..... not even close.....and the rest of the small parts are junk. Including a hammer safety that's been known to turn them into a single shot.

#25 ·
I picked up a new Springfield GI a few years ago. I do find it ironic that the idea of a retro 1911 with the Springfield logo is made in SOUTH America....but the price was right ($450 or so), and it's been a good pistol.

I've got a few Kimbers, a few Colts, a Bauer and a Brown....while you can't compare them for looks and workmanship, I wouldn't feel like I was too disadvantaged with the Brasilian made Springfield in a pinch.

#26 ·
That Springfield is nothing but a glorified import house is not exactly a news flash. They never made a fully made in USA 1911. I WILL concede they make a good 1911 but don't care for the deceptive advertising. Same goes for Blackhawks nylon products- made in Vietnam
The only product they ever made completely in the USA with American parts was the early m1A but that has not been the case in at least 2 decades

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.