close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Brass In My Face

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Caric, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Caric

Caric

Nearly brand new G19. 273 rounds through it. Only changes that I have done to it is installing a oem ny1 trigger, and an oem "-" connector. 1/10 times that I or anyone else fires the weapon a casing either ejects straight up and lands on our head, or up and back and smacks us 0n the fore head. Our wrists are in line, and tight. This happens with blazer, remington umc, and federal champion. Should I try hotter loads? What loads would you recommend? Are there any +p target loads that anyone recommends or doesn't recommend.

On a side note I had just broken my blinking habit until I got smacked in the face again :steamed:

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012

3. Caric

Caric

It's a gen 3

4. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

:animlol:..........sorry couldnt help it, what is the number on your ejector.

:50cal:

5. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

I'd recommend getting one of the new 30274 ejectors and a replacement extractor, preferably a Lone Wolf-brand 9mm extractor because Glock's extractors are made by a pretty cheap process and they're more likely to be out-of-spec.

Currently the 30274 ejectors are available in the newest Gen4 9mm trigger housings, but only two retailers have so far been confirmed to have trigger housings with the 30274 ejector, MidwayUSA.com and glockparts.com, and both are backordered. The rest of the retailers presumably still have the old version with 336 ejector.

MidwayUSA.com:
    Gen4 9mm trigger housing: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/225860/glock-trigger-housing-with-ejector-glock-9mm-generation-4
    Lone Wolf 9mm extractor: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/29...h-loaded-chamber-indicator-carbon-steel-matte

Glockparts.com:
    Gen4 9mm trigger housing: http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=123022&CAT=748
    Lone Wolf 9mm extractor: http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=235303&CAT=708

To use the 30274 ejector in your Gen3, you'll need to remove the Gen3 trigger housing from the frame, pull the old 336 ejector out of it and pull the new 30274 ejector out of the Gen4 trigger housing, then insert the 30274 ejector into the Gen3 trigger housing so you can use it in your Gen3 gun. Here's a thread about removing the ejector from the trigger housing:
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18115775

And if you need to know how to detail strip a Glock, you'll need a 3/32 inch punch like the Glock Armorer's Tool:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0wDDFV0NY"]Glock Detail Strip And Reassembly (IN HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Correct slide stop spring position: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15738529&postcount=3

On the following page are some Glock Armorer's Manuals, just scroll down to the "G" section. I learned from the Update Manual and 2009 Manual. The 2009 Manual has a few pages missing, but that info can be found in the Update Manual as well.
    http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

6. Caric

Caric

Thanks a lot voyager. Luckily I know how to detail strip my block after installing the ny1 w/ - connector. Is it possible to just buy the gen 4 trigger housing w/extractor, or is there a difference that I'm not aware of? Thank you

7. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Caric,

The trigger housing won't fit, but the ejector will. The shorter length on the gen4 grip required a different trigger housing.

8. Wizz

Wizz

If your Gen3 was built between late 2010 and late 2011 then it may need the updated ejector. Honestly I would just send it to Glock and let them make it right, if we all keep fixing these things on our own dime then Glock will never correct their mistakes. If you do mail it Fed-Ex is cheaper than UPS. Best of luck.

9. Caric

Caric

That is fairly disheartening at best. I bought the 19 as my first gun instead of a GP ruger revolver because I thought it would be rugged, reliable, and flawless. Granted ejecting in my face doesn't render the gun inoperable, but judging by the answers I received this doesn't exactly seem like a rare problem.

10. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Voyager was telling him to take the new ejector out of the gen4 housing and install it into the gen3 housing. :supergrin:

11. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Try 100 rounds of NATO Spec 124-gr to loosen things up.

12. Sgt. Rambo

Sgt. Rambo

I have a brand new Taurus PT-1911 9mm that did that too me. Only happend three times so far. First time was fluke but on first try of a double tap bang-bang, two casings right in the forehead.... weird....lol Same thing?? Maybe not broken in yet??

13. yellowlabsrule

yellowlabsrule

Is the picture on Midways site just old for their trigger housing. That is not the new one in the picture.

14. glocktecher

glocktecher

This is inexcusable for a poly pistol in this price range to continue to have these problems.

There are just too many apologists for Glock.

They could fix this, and yet people tell other people to take a brand new pistol and buy after market parts to make it function as it should.

Insanity.

15. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

The pictures and part number are outdated on Midway's site. On many retailers sites the picture often doesn't even match the product, on some sites the pictures for 9/40 trigger housings are often actually a 10mm/45 trigger housing w/ejector.

The Gen4 9mm trigger housings from MidwayUSA.com and glockparts.com have both been confirmed to have the 30274 ejector. The only retailer so far confirmed to have Gen4 .40 trigger housing with the 28926 ejector is glockparts.com, I personally ordered some of those and they do indeed have the 28926 ejector.

16. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

Good God my next Glock just may be another Beretta!!!

17. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970

:upeyes:......and people talk about having to "tune" a 1911 to get it to work. Used to be you could just pick up a Glock and any crappy ammo you had lying around and blast away.

Now you have to tune a Glock, break it in and use specific ammo.

I have two older Glocks I will not soon part with but as far as purchasing more...no way in he**.

My new M&P's are what Glock used to be...reliable and durable. Except of course the M&P's do it with style and great ergonomics.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  18. Radian

Radian

speer lawman. Recoil spring is made for ammo used to kill people not to plink targets. The ammo is the factor here.

If you want to plink with low power factor ammo and actually care about brass get a ISMI spring at 16lbs. Problem solved, people have been doing this for decades.

For all you folks who think this is a glock thing KAC released the SR 15 rifle with a custom gas system. Recoil impulse on 556 was outstanding and reliable. Sure enough the internet howlers complained the rifle would not cycle PMC 223 or other trash ammo.

So after telling everyone this is why they hate selling to the commercial sector the changed the gas ports and now it is overgassed. But you can cycle dog poop ammo in your 2200 dollar AR.

Moral of this story, use the ammo for the gun's intended purpose. These are not 10/22s they are made to cycle full powered man killing ammo like ranger +p+ or gold dot, you know the ammo their main customers (LEO Fed and otherwise) use.

19. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Thanks for reminding us for the ten miliionth time that you use Walmart ammo. :upeyes:

Sure M&P's work great.......AFTER you literally throw the gun through the Apex catalog to eliminate the gun locking up from sear 'bounce' and that wonderful Lorcin style trigger pull. :upeyes:

20. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970

Actually the only ammo I have bought in the past 15 years is shotgun shells and .223 for 3-gun matches. I reload my .45 ammo to 900fps + and my latest batch of 9mm is loaded to 1220fps. I also reload .223 but as ammo is so cheap at the moment, I don't waste my time doing it.

If you are going to try to insult someone, at least be thorough and get your facts straight.

I had no idea Winchester only sells their ammo to Wal-Mart. Not a very good business plan in my opinion, yet as you choose to shop there, they must be reaching some people.

I am certain all of Glocks issues could easily be fixed with Froglube. Please dazzle us with another of your remarkable home experiments. I don't have a Lorcin, but if you don't like yours just sell it on your street corner.

I am sorry you feel so insulted by all of those who disagree with your views on Glock's current product line. Maybe you should stop reading forums so you don't get your feelings hurt.

I personally choose to have weapons that will operate with any available ammo as there may come a time where we won't have a choice. Is that too much to expect from a supposed "combat firearm"??

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012