close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Brand new PM9 range report.

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by MattS67, Jan 3, 2010.

1. MattS67

MattS67

Mar 21, 2005
    FL
    I picked up this PM9 2 weeks ago at the gun show, serial # IBxxxx.

I read about a lot of people having problems with the nickel plating wearing off the feed ramp on PM9s manufactured in the recent past, so this was my main concern.

I shot 150 rounds of Remington UMC 115gr with only 2 hiccups. Both were failure to return to battery, which was likely a result of limp wristing the gun. I then put a 50rd box of Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P (my carry ammo), without a single problem.

I did develop a small cut on my trigger finger from rubbing on the trigger guard every time I pulled the trigger, but that was fixed with a minor change in the position of my finger on the trigger.

All in all, the gun was a pleasure to shoot for its size and was surprisingly accurate. After 200 rounds, the nickel plating on the barrel / feed ramp looks perfect. I highly recommend this gun to anyone who wants a true pocket pistol that packs some power. I carry it everyday IWB in a JBP clip holster - in gym/basketball shorts I appendix carry it at 1 o'clock and it disappears. I simply tighten the drawstring on my shorts and the gun stays put. For cargo shorts or jeans, I usually carry at around 4 o'clock IWB, and even with a fitted t-shirt, it disappears. Much easier to "summer carry" than my G26.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. One of the many things that I like about my PM9. I don't have to get dressed on a Sunday morning to have it on my person around the house. Pajamas with a draw string are plenty strong enough to support it with a light IWB holster :)

3. Jamie_s_72

Jamie_s_72

Dec 14, 2009
  4. Korrupted

Korrupted

Jan 23, 2009
    Phoenix, Az
    I shot a PM9 for the first time today and fell in love with it. I was gonna pick up a G36, G26 or an LCP, but now I changed my mind and I am looking for a PM9.