close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Brand New Gen 3 G19 Problems

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HWA GLOCKER, Jan 24, 2012.

1. HWA GLOCKER

HWA GLOCKER

My girlfriend just bought a brand new gen 3 g19 today, and we go straight to the range, took 250 rounds of Federal Champion, on her second mag she had a failure to go into battery, it happened to her about 3 times, but not at all to me, she had about 2-3 stovepipes and 1 FTF, I only had 1 stovepipe happen to me and that was it, I don't think she is limp wristing it, but I put a mag down range limp wristing it trying to get a malfunction but it shot fine, I own 3 glocks and have never had 1 hiccup ever, I can shoot Federal Champion all day through my g17, any suggestions? Yes its a GEN 3!!!

2. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Get a gen4 19, we all know those are problem free :rofl::rofl:
    Seriously I love my gen4..

I was always told when you buy a new gun rack the slide back on an empty mag and leave back overnight. I have done that with every gun I have ever owned, whether it needs it or not, just a habit I guess. I also do the full clean and lube with my Glocks as well as my Sigs and 1911's. Again being I dont own a gen3 "have shot many" Im just kinda throwing out some suggestions.

Good Luck and post some pics of the new gun! If she lets you :supergrin:

3. bentbiker

bentbiker

What is the test-fire date, and what ejector? When you say you went straight to the range, does that mean you didn't clean and lube as Glock says to do? Could her grip allow her hand(s) to touch the slide during cycling? When you say "FTF," do you mean FTFire or FTFeed?

4. CrookCounty

CrookCounty Trolling Noob

We really need to start stating this in full words...FTF is to confusing and always requires a follow up question

5. HWA GLOCKER

HWA GLOCKER

I did a quick clean and lube with CLP, her hands were not touching the slide, and I meant FTFeed. I kinda wanna blame it on the ammo because I was trying to get it to malfunction and it didn't but I did have 1 stovepipe myself.

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Federal Champion 115-gr, at 1,125fps, is the weakest ammo one can buy. Cheap is cheap. Try some Winchester USA 115-gr, 1,190fps.

7. HWA GLOCKER

HWA GLOCKER

I got some blazzer 124gr im gonna run throught it next time, but my g17 and g26 will eat cheap federal all day :dunno:

8. bentbiker

bentbiker

Wouldn't that sorta convince you that it was not the ammo? I'd suggest looking elsewhere for the real problem. Again, what was the test-fire date and what ejector is installed?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  9. bruzer

bruzer

Too many variables but I can offer my own experience. I use a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel on a Gen 4 G22 with the stock .40 recoil spring. Using the cheap Federal ammo my Wife will have stove pipes. I will have NO Failures. Load a mag of +P 9mm and she will have NO Failures and I still have NO failures. The more broke in the recoil spring gets the less failures she has. It might not seem like the person is limp wristing but there is a BIG enough difference between the shooting styles that one person has issues and the other does not. I am not an expert but there is the Oregon Firearms Academy in Oregon that teaches a GLOCK only coarse. You might email them and ask a few questions and they might be able to give you a few ideas to help out. If you need their email address let me know. Good luck,
    Mike

10. HWA GLOCKER

HWA GLOCKER

Thanks for the interest but I don't have that info right now, but why would that matter if it a new gen 3 with a quick clean and lube with CLP and being a glock, I have never seen a problem out of a gen 3 glock, if that is a problem then glock has a problem, this should not happen in my mind.

11. High Altitude

High Altitude

I have no doubt that Glock changed the design and screwed it up. Glock cheaped out. I have ZERO doubt that the MIM extractors aren't anywhere near the quality of extractors they replaced.

Glock has been running the 336 ejector for how long? and then all of a sudden they need to redesign it to get pistols to run.

Sorry guys, I really like Glocks, but they simply screwed up a good thing.

Never before have I ever heard of so many 9mm glocks with problems than this last year.

I would love to hear what the engineers and manufacturing employees really think about Glock right now.

12. bentbiker

bentbiker

It sounds as if you may be unaware that many recently manufactured Gen3 and Gen4 9mm's (especially G19's) have had ejection problems. Gen4 G19's test-fired after 10/10/11 are known to have the newer 30274 ejector, and I believe a changed extractor (again), and guns thus equipped seem very likely to work fine. I know the new ejector has now been put in Gen3's to solve their problems, but I can't say with certainty that Glock is putting them in all new guns as of a specific date.

13. HWA GLOCKER

HWA GLOCKER

I did take a couple to the face today!

14. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Next time you get a look at the gun, check to see what ejector it has. If it has the 336 ejector, you'll want to get that upgraded to the 30274 ejector. If you/your girlfriend call Glock about it they'll tell you to find a local Glock Armorer to do it for you. You can do that, or you can ask for a prepaid shipping label to send the gun back to Glock and have them do it.

If you want to send it in to them, make sure to tell them it was throwing brass in your face as well and you want the new ejector.

You'll also very likely need to change the extractor, the one that's in the gun right now probably doesn't move freely enough. If you send the gun in to Glock, they may or may not do this while they have the gun.

15. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Perfect combo for FTFeeds in a Glock. :whistling:

16. bunk22

bunk22

Not all guns are created equal, even different G19's. I had the occassional brass to the face issues, 2-3 every magazine with any type of ammo. I was lucky in that swapping in an LWD extractor fixed my limp wristing :supergrin: I always start with the shooter (me) and work from there. So when my new G19 started acting up, I had more experienced shooters shoot the gun. When a Glock competitive shooter whose uses his G19 to compete has zero failures/issues with his Gen 3 G19 in 10,000+ rounds then shoots mine and gets 2 pieces of brass to the face with the first magazine, I figured something might be wrong. Same deal with a few other shooters so I moved on to parts and luckily fixed it. I can shoot Federal, UMC, WWB all day without issue.

17. Air Man

Air Man Senior Member

I thought it meant Face To Face. :rofl:

18. stratjb

stratjb

Can you post a part number or something for the LWD extractor or where you picked it up? My Gen4 19 has the new ejector and RSA and stills throws the occasional brass backwards or left. Not bad enough to send it back but this sounds like something I'd like to try on my own.

19. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

His likely was the .40 extractor. When LoneWolf first sold their extractors, they had the 9mm and .40 extractors mixed up with each other. So people with 9mm Glocks were actually using .40 caliber extractors, and that's why it was successful. After they corrected their labeling error, every single person who tried a LWD 9mm extractor in their 9mm Glock that had erratic ejection saw the ejection become worse than before.

The LWD extractor marked "3" is the one that's truly for 9mm. The one marked "4" is truly for .40.

You could try a factory .40 extractor, many people have done so in 9mm Glocks that had erratic ejection and it fixed their problem.

20. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap

If Fed Champ is actually producing those velocities that is not a "weak" load.

Go back to original specs on 9x19 ammo and you will find those ballistics to be quite normal, again if the load is actually producing same.