close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Brand new G35 - front Trijicon tritium night sight is loose

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by hd3215, Mar 25, 2013.

1. hd3215

hd3215

Nov 29, 2012
    Hey guys,

I had a brand new Glock 35 gen 4 - I purchased it new 2 months ago, and have fired about 200 rounds through it. When I bought it, I had the gun store put the Trijicon tritium night sights on it.

I'm coming to the end of my police academy, and next week we are shooting with our agency, and going over the firearms drills/qualifications. So I've been practicing drawing/holstering my weapon in my safariland 6360 duty holster which is the STX plastic. I've been trying to draw/holster without looking 5000 times to build muscle memory, so when I go to holster it, sometimes I'll smack the front sight on the tip of the holster as it's going in.

I practiced probably a hundred times today, and when I was done I noticed my front sight is a little loose, and wobbles maybe a mm when I manipulate it, or even if I giggle my gun....

I can't bring it back to the gun store I bought it from, because I brought it 2500 miles away. I've removed the slide, and can see the hexagon nut/screw that holds the front sight on. I've read about using a pair of needle nose pliers to remove the nut, and putting some red or blue locktite (by the way, RED vs BLUE locktite??) on the thread, then tightening it back up.

My question is - I've never installed/removed a front sight before. If I back out the nut/apply locktite on it, can I easily tighten it back up and have it be straight/accurate? or do you need a special tool to get the front sight straight?

Thank you!!!

2. biscotrip

biscotrip

Mar 7, 2011
    Im no police officer but your department should have an armorer of some sort. Take it to him annd he will fix it. If not, take it to your LGS and have them do it. Its a pain with needle nose pliers.

3. hd3215

hd3215

Nov 29, 2012
    Hey - I didn't even think of that, Thank you! I talked to him the other day, so I'll shoot him an email and see if he can fix it. Thanks!

4. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Sep 4, 2004
    Suriname
    The needle nose pliers are pretty much only required for removing a staked front sight. Retightening of your front sight requires a hex tool.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013