close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Brand new G26 3rd gen BTF

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cool Hand Hodge, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Cool Hand Hodge

Cool Hand Hodge Senior Member

Just like the title says, brand new G26 SRk serial no. major brass to face issues. The gun does it almost every round fired, defense ammo, UMC, and WWB. Totally reliable, but definite BTF. Think i should send it back to Glock as a FU?

2. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

This is an epidemic :(

take the loss and trade it in on anything but a Glock...you are going to save more $$$$$ than what you lose on the trade compared to keeping it and trying to "fix" it....

and that is an honest answer from someone who has been through this Glock BS more than once....along with dozens of other people on here!!!!!

3. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Is this 9mm only? I don't hear so much about BTF with a new 23 or 27.

4. SJ 40

SJ 40

If it were me I wouldn't bother sending it back to Glock as they don't seem to be capable of fixing their guns.
    As I see it you have three options.
    1- Do as Beretta Guy said.

2- Purchase a trigger mechanism housing,Gen 4 with the 30274 ejector in it and swap out for the one in your G 26. Also locate a new non dipped Glock extractor and if it were me plan on replacing it as soon as Apex brings out their tool steel,EDMed extractor for Glocks.

3- Shop around for a good clean G 26 produced prior to December 2006.they are out there and you will have a Glock from when Glocks were drop dead reliable. When they made their reputation,that they are quickly loosing as you can attest to. SJ 40

5. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

Excellent advice also here!!!!!

6. grayi6

grayi6

Cool Hand Hodge - wanted to doublecheck the born on date...you mentioned SRk. If I'm using the decoder below correctly (and if it is the correct decoder for a G26, I found it in the S/N Project sticky), then was it manufactured May of this year?

The 3 letters represent the barrel test fire date code:

The first letter is for the month:
    E...Jan
    L...Feb
    N...Mar
    B...Apr
    S...May
    Z...Jun
    G...Jul
    P...Aug
    I...Sep
    C...Oct
    V...Nov
    A...Dec

The last two letters are for the year:
    O...0
    W...1
    K...2
    R...3
    F...4
    M...5
    H...6
    Y...7
    T...8
    D...9

7. Cool Hand Hodge

SRK is correct...test fired in 2011 as per casing in box

8. SGT278ACR

SGT278ACR Retired Veteran

WOW... mine was a brand new G26 Gen3, no BTF issues and I believe mine was manufactured before yours (s/n: RWGxxx).
    After reading all of the input on GT, I've decided it's just hit or miss on who gets a good performing pistol or a bad one. I love my G26. Best of luck to you with yours. Hope you get it all worked out. :wavey:

9. Cool Hand Hodge

Im not that worried...its a pain in the ass, but the gun is still 100% reliable. I tried it with lots of ammo, and it never jammed. I tried limp wristing and it still kept going. I am going to swap over the extractor from my older 19 and see if that fixes the issue. I cant believe that with all the talk of this, no one has a definitive answer as to what the issue is.

I still think its the best compact 9mm on the market and i would not trade it away as long as it stays reliable. Its just annoying thats all...like my wife's snoring...im not going to divorce her over it.

10. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats on the G26.

Hope you get it worked out.

11. bac1023

bac1023

Yeah, I'm really not sure anyone would buy a new production glock these days with so many other options available.

Glock has really screwed up over the last year or two. What a shame.

I love my 5 year old gen 3s, but I'd never buy anything new.

12. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

it really makes me sick.....since i bought my first Glock in 92' i have been the biggest Glock advocate you have ever seen....just the thought of shooting/CCW anything but a Glock would cause me to laugh......

Glock was the reason i started this hobby/lifestyle in the first place....

I don't know, but maybe Glock has gone the way of a lot of corporations........now that they have gotten too "big for their britches", who cares about the little guy consumer.....only the "big fish" consumer...in this case, LEO agencies

sad :upeyes:

13. fastbolt

fastbolt

Let Glock look at it, or take it to a local Glock armorer.

I bought a late production gen3 G26 and experienced the erratic ejection pattern. Didn't matter whether I was using standard pressure, +P or +P+ loads (unlike my older G26, which only was sensitive to standard pressure loads when it came to occasional erratic ejection patterns).

I tried the newest gen4 9mm ejector and it didn't resolve it.

I finally got mine running just about as well as my older G26 after trying something like 3 ejectors (including the newest one) and 3 extractors. One of the standard style ejectors, combined with one of the replacement extractors (which has the mold mark people refer to as a "dip"), resolved my issues.

Sometimes parts is parts.

14. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

I'd try a 30274 ejector and possibly a new 9mm LCI extractor. If you know how to detail strip Glocks you can change the parts yourself. The newest Gen4 9mm trigger housings have 30274 ejectors in them, it's a simple matter to remove the ejector from that trigger housing and put it into your Gen3 trigger housing so you can use it in your Gen3 gun. Last I heard, MidwayUSA.com, LoneWolfDist.com, and glockparts.com were all confirmed to sell the Gen4 9mm trigger housing w/30274 ejector. Other retailers may have old stock that contain the 336 ejector. Here's a thread about how to remove the ejector from the trigger housing:
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18115775#post18115775
    There's erratic ejection in the .40's and .357's as well but it's not as common and when it does happen, it's usually not bad enough to spit brass into your face. With my G27, some would go over my head or straight up in the air. A 28926 ejector and a new extractor fixed the problem, they all go to the right now.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  15. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Did you send this off to Glock or do it yourself?

Thanks

16. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

I did it myself, mine is a Gen3. I pulled the 1882 ejector out of the Gen3 trigger housing, then inserted the 28926 ejector and reinstalled the trigger housing into the frame. I was lucky enough to find an old non-LCI 15 degree .40 extractor in a local gun store, it's one of the old investment cast extractors that's no longer made, and I used that as my replacement extractor along with a non-LCI .40 spring loaded bearing.

I called Glock a few times to see if they'd send me a prepaid shipping label so I could send it back to them, they refused. At that time they also refused to install the "Gen4" ejectors into Gen3's. Now on occasion they will put the new ejectors into Gen3's but it's like pulling teeth to get them to do it, many people have had to send the gun back multiple times before they'd finally put the new ejector in a Gen3 and they had to pay for inbound shipping every time.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  17. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Lovely.:upeyes: Thanks for the info.

18. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

The newest Gen4 .40 trigger housings contain the 28926 ejectors, I got a few from glockparts.com. I'm not sure what other retailers have the Gen4 .40 trigger housings with 28926 ejectors, the older ones had the old 1882 ejectors so you may end up with one of those if your order from some retailers.

19. Andy W

Andy W

That's bull****. You know, I like my Gen 4 G22 so far but if something like that happened to me I would tell Glock to go **** themselves, sell the gun and get an XDm or another M&P.

20. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

I'm trying out a new late gen 3 27 tomorrow to see how it shoots. I'll let you guys know.