Boycott "Made in China"

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Silas.soule, Jan 14, 2014.

1. I have no problem purchasing from the most economical, highest quality manufacturer that legally imports into the United States or manufactures here.

Got really burned buying a Chrysler in the early 80's, when Lee Iacocca was throwing down the gauntlet regarding buy American and matching world class quality. My Dad bought a Toyota Corolla at the same time, whilst I waved the "buy American" flag and questioned his economic loyality. He laughed. His car ran for decades past my broken, trouble riddled POS. I apologized for being a dumb-ass young person.

China's learned a lot about manufacturing QA and Six Sigma production because of the number of American companies setting up shop over there. There is little in the rhealm of manufactured products that they don't have their hands in, even if it is simply components.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 engineer151515, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  2. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

American companies need to scream their products 'made in the USA' from the roof-tops, big, bold letters on their products with flags all over it....don't make me search for USA made stuff....easier to glance and see it's from America, proudly made by US citizens....not illegals, for they are NOT US citizens, criminals to boot....

BUT we live in an era that is clouded by the (snicker) 'leaders' of our Nation....

Our current dictator believes he will take us down to 3rd world status, and he is doing it tirelessly....he needs removed from office and forced to live, penny-less, in Haiti or a similar 3rd world , then he may open his eyes...but I doubt it.

I am out...:cool:

3. When unions were strong in America, the economy was great, and we had a middle class.

4. A true American! My hat's off to you.

We can't avoid buying some things made over there, but as I said . .

. . we can cost Red China an aircraft carrier or two.

BTW, I read just yesterday that they convicted and jailed 20-some Chinese citizens who were struggling for freedom of speech and thought.

an aircraft carrier
    a couple of subs
    asphalt to repair the potholes the Communists in limousines bounce in every morning . .

communists in limousines, what utter hypocrits

5. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Particularly on after tax wages of the average American. Funny how that works

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Funny to mention unions while decrying Chinese manufacturing.

7. Patchman

Patchman Florist

I passed the opportunity to tour China (Peking, Xian, Shanghai and Hong Kong) this coming March. I thought 12 days of buying China made trinkets? 12 days of eating China produced foodstuff? And 12 days of breathing China smog?

Forgetaboutit.

#27 Patchman, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  8. "A Year Without Made in China"

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0470379200"]A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy:Amazon:Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51vdtJd7iGL.@@AMEPARAM@@51vdtJd7iGL[/ame]

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. Threads like this always make me smile because EVERY POST IN THIS THREAD WAS TYPED ON A DEVICE THAT WAS MADE IN CHINA.

If not fully assembled there, the majority of the components are from there.

I'm all for buying American as much as you can, and I make an effort to read labels and use that info in my decision making, but...

A) I recognize that there are quality products produced for a good value in other countries as well

and

B) All of you who are talking about how your appliance is American and your car is German... sorry, but you're all fooling yourselves. All of them have Chinese components in them.