Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Bought myself and AR.......

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Airborne Infantryman, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    Hey guys.......I got back from my deployment to Afghanistan about 5 days ago, and decided its time to get myself a nice rifle.

My experiences in Afghanistan led me to look towards LWRC; especially after seeing how well the DEA agents M6A2s worked over there.....they ran like a sewing machine in one particular TIC....not a hiccup or jam, and they definitely don't take care of their rifles compared to us Infantry types...(edit for clarity: we clean our rifles when we wake up, after each meal, before we go to bed, and after every mission) I decided to get the exact same rifle they had. I bought an LWRC M6A2 DEA, which has all the bells and whistles, including the Advanced Combat Bolt, EXO coated Bolt Carrier, and an EXO coated "star chamber" (military lingo for barrel extension). The trigger group also has the EXO coating on it as well, which provides for a very, very smooth, and crisp trigger pull.

For optics, I purchased a Trijicon ACOG TA01NSN, which is calibrated for the 14.5 inch barrel, firing a 62gr bullet. I was going to buy a TA31RCO, but I disliked how in Afghanistan, my ACOGs reticle would be so bright, it was distracting while aiming. Most of us put a piece of tape over the fiber-optic tube. Even then, it didn't work too well, as the tape would literally melt off in the heat.

I opted for the TA01NSN, due to the fact that I liked the back-up iron sights on top of it, and the fact that the reticle was black, and only illuminated in dark conditions. Being calibrated for a 14.5 inch barreled flat-top, firing 62gr 5.56mm helped seal the deal as well.

I took off the VLTOR EMod that came on it, and bought a VLTOR IMod Standard, to keep the package as compact as possible, and because I don't like the butterfly latch on the EMod; the IMod Standard fulfills my needs, without paying $200 for an LMT SOPMOD.

As for lights, I added a Surefire M600A Scout Light, which is nice and compact, while 100 lumens is plenty of light a package that compact.

The Grip Pod GPS-02 is perfect for this rifle, as I wanted this to be a medium to semi-long range rifle that was simple, and somewhat streamlined. I had a great experience with my Grip Pod GPS-02 over in the sandbox, and its perfect; its rugged, its reliable, and its good enough to serve as a bi-pod for medium to semi-long range shots.....of course if the rifle was a dedicated DMR, I would've put a Harris BRM on it.

I was able to achieve all I wanted to with this rifle, and got a ton of leftover stuff I bought....all the leftover stuff will probably go on my LWRC M6-SPR MOD 0 that I bought as well.....which should reach my FFL tomorrow. I will post pics of that one when I get it as well.

Anyway, here are the pics:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. McJohnny

McJohnny The dude abides

Nov 20, 2008
    The Great White North
    Welcome back! Dayam that's a nice weapon...

3. Airborne Infantryman

Nov 20, 2009
    Thanks McJohnny! I appreciate it!
  4. boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    Nice rifle! A LWRC midlength is on my shortlist of rifles to buy.
  5. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    Beautiful rifle and well-deserved. Thank you for your service! Enjoy your new rifle and let us know how it shoots. :)
  6. mr.26

Oct 19, 2010
    east tennessee
    Thank-you for your service!!!
    That's a well built rifle enjoy it
  7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Holy crap.......outstanding rifle!
  8. Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    nice rifle, thank you for your service!

what is the DEA doing in Afganistan?
  9. glockrod

glockrod NRA-Endow. Life

Aug 28, 2004
    East of center, SC

Afghanistan a huge supplier of it.

Oops, AI, good to have you back. Sweet rifle.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  10. Airborne Infantryman

Nov 20, 2009
    Thanks for all the kind words, gentlemen. As for the DEA in Afghanistan; I can't go into details about what we were doing, but I can tell you the DEA rolls around in what are called F.A.S.T. teams....they are pretty much decked out with gear that rivals what you'll see Special Forces with, and they are VERY well-versed with anything having to do with drugs, weapons or explosives. Most of them are former military, and they are the most professional people I've had the honor to work with. As for their rifles; they all had the same set-up:

LWRC M6A2 DEA w/ SureFire K-series mini suppressor, and a Trijicon ACOG TA31ECOS (the Flat Dark Earth ACOG w/ the RMR on it) or Aimpoint T-1 Micro, and a Viking Tactics MK2 sling. They had nice stuff....
  11. :whistling: wooooo she is sexy:whistling: Thank you for your service....enjoy your rifle....let us know how she shoots!
  12. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Nice rifle. Let us know how it shoots
    Thank you for your service.
  13. That is very nice, congrats! And glad you made it back safe!
  14. Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    Oooh very cool.
  15. mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Nice rifle. You did well unlike most who have nothing to show for their deployment money but crazy drunken stories.
  16. mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Welcome home brother!

Thats a dead sexy rifle!!!! You deserve it. I knew Astan is big in the opium trade but I had no idea that our DEA (non military, police agency) had jurisdiction to shoot those drug dealers over there? Cool!
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  17. wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Nice looking rifle!!!
  18. denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    :wow: Your rifle is awesome! Congrats.

And thank you for your service!
  19. Triple7

May 30, 2011