Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Bought my first handgun, a Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wrangler_dave9, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Title says it all.

Bought my first handgun yesterday. New Glock 22 Gen 3. I wanted the Gen 4, but all the LGSs in my area are out and they're suppliers are out too. I'll be about $512 otd after LEO discount. I should pick it up either Friday or Saturday after its shipped. hopefully will get to shoot it sometime next week. I'll give a report when I get a chance! :supergrin:
  2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.

3. pnutcar

pnutcar MIZZOU TIGERS!

Mar 5, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    My first pistol was a Gen 2 LEO trade-in G17; that got me hooked. I later sold it, went a year without one, and just picked up a gen 4 G17 2 wks ago. Learn from me and keep yours lol
  4. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    The G 22,my favorite Glock, Congrats ! SJ 40
  5. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Feb 2, 2007
    Gun Tot'n in Quohog
    My first pistol was a Glock 35. Welcome to the club!
  6. bruzer

Apr 18, 2011
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Congratulations. Can't go wrong with a G22. So versatile with a simple barrel conversion you can try 9mm or .357 Sig from it.
    Good luck and stay safe,
  7. I was finally able to pick my G22 gen3 yesterday. I have to say, it is BEAUTIFUL! Test fire date of 11-15-12. I will post pictures later today if I get the chance. Probably.won't be able to hit the range until sometime next week.

Newbie question: Clean it before I go to the range or after?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  8. SGT278ACR

SGT278ACR Retired Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    16S DE 680 928
    Congratualtions! My first Glock was a G22 also, however, it was a 2nd gen. Love the versatility of it. You can also shoot 9mm out of it with an aftermarket conversion barrel and a G19 mag. You'll see plenty of threads about conversion barrel if you stick around this forum long enough. But... my G26 is still my favorite of my 2 Glocks. :cool:
  9. SGT278ACR

SGT278ACR Retired Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    16S DE 680 928
    You'll hear both opinions here. I say shoot strait out of the box before cleaning it. It will come with a copper/goldish color grease/lube from the factory already in the gun. Although it's good practice to clean after every trip to the range.... with my Glocks I usually do it every 2 or no more than 3 trips to the range. Good luck finding FMJ range ammo right now... the shelves are bare everywhere. Have fun! :wavey:
  10. Browner

Mar 15, 2009
    Nice gun. I looked at a 3rd and a 4th Gen 22 today. Price of 539 and 589, maybe I need to go back and pick one up. Ron
  11. Wolfdad

Apr 19, 2011
    Congrats, that's a great pistol. Quite fond of mine!
  12. Congrats--- quick question though on your price (anyone can answer it I guess). I'm assuming you received the blue label discount (you said LEO discount). I bought a blue label Gen 4 G23 on and my OTD price was $390. Why is there such a drastic difference in price?
  13. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    Congrats on the G22.
  14. My guess is it was the supplier. Supplier was Gunarama out of Spokane, WA. The dealer that I worked with was a local pawn shop. Trust me, I did tons of shopping around. Sportsman's warehouse wanted around $600 before taxes. The two lgs only had used and were asking $499 for the gun and two mags, no box, no barrel brush, nada. I felt it was important to get the whole deal since it is likely that this will be my duty weapon.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  15. Very nice. My first Glock was a G22 just like you. (Except mine was a Gen 2)

16. Congrats!

Soon you'll need a Glock 27 to match :)
  17. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    $398.20 stock if you can find one here locally in Indianapolis, add night sights, $475 range so $500 something with tax is about right. SJ40 I should have guessed it .40 and Vermont in you sig line is a heck of a hint to your fav Glock. I used to love the G-22/27 combo, still do however the 23/27 all around combo suits me best nowadays. Gen 2 for me!