Bought my first Glock

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by ZBeard, Apr 17, 2013.

1. ZBeard

Hello all! Just registered, and thought I might as well introduce myself.

I've been shooting handguns for well over forty years, and I've shot a few Glocks in that time, but I never owned one before a couple weeks ago. I picked up a model 30SF on an impulse - it just felt right in my hand, it pointed really well, and I liked the trigger a lot.

I'll say this for Glocks - you get spoiled on that low bore axis real quick. That big flat sighting plane so low in your hand just makes it real easy to point and pick up the sights. It's making my other pistols feel unnaturally tall.

I like it a lot - but it's definitely a fat boy. After handling it a lot, and carrying it for about a week, I pulled my Kahr CM9 out of its hiding place, and I'd swear the darn thing shrank! It looked so tiny after getting used to the 30.

I'm a guy who likes to tinker with guns, and I'm notorious for 1911 trigger jobs and changing my pistols around to suit me. I don't think I'm going to do a doggone thing to this one, though. I like it just the way it is.

I also like the way Glock doesn't lawyer-up their firearms with external gizmos - like external safeties and built-in key locks. Less stuff to snag or forget, and I figure as long as I keep my booger hook off the go button it'll be just fine.

But I have to say- it is butt-ugly. But who really cares? It looks pretty darn good from behind the sights.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...