close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bought my first glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Gixxerjoe04, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04

Nov 4, 2012
    Lexington, Ky
    After looking around a bit, finally bought my first glock, went with the 36. Wanted one for conceal and carry, was stuck between the 30 or 36, the 36 just felt better in my hands. Haven't got to shoot it yet, have only shot one glock but can't remember which just remember it was a .45, liked it a lot better than my XD .40. Hope I didn't get one of the problem 36's that I've seen threads about. Tried figuring out when it was made but wasn't sure how, on the little bag with the test shells, it has a date when it was tested so is that when it was made? (sorry about the rookie question)
    [​IMG]

2. Kentguy

Kentguy

Nov 22, 2010
    Kent, OH
    Gixxerjoe04,

Congratulation on your 1st step into the wonder world of Glocks. :thumbsup:

Yes for all intents & purposes you can call that the manufacturing date.

Keep us posted how you like it once you have been to the range and run a few hundred round through it... just to break it in.

3. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

Nov 19, 2011
    Kentucky
    The 36 is on my short list, but I'm waiting on the gen4. Congrats on a great purchase..

4. LevoDopa

LevoDopa

Nov 8, 2012
    The 36 was my first handgun purchase and I've been carrying it since '04!

It's an amazing CCW! If you plan on doing any upgrades to it I'd recommend the Pearce mag +1 extensions with Wolff +10% springs. It took me years to do such a cheap, simple upgrade and it makes the gun feel much better when gripping it(plus you can have 7 rounds in the mag).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04

Nov 4, 2012
    Lexington, Ky
    Put my xd .40 for sale or trade for a glock, had someone offer a glock 22 gen 3 for it, sound like an alright deal? Didn't really like the recoil with my xd, snapped pretty good so don't know if the glock 22 would be much difference

6. Black&TAN

Black&TAN Senior Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
  7. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    I'm not in the market for another caliber to feed but the one and only G-36 I was able to handle at a local gun show fit perfectly in my hand.

8. Raven1967

Raven1967

Apr 26, 2012
    NE Oklahoma
    Carry my G36 everyday,you made the right choice!

9. Gen3 19

Gen3 19

Nov 9, 2012
  10. My favorite Glock Carry pistol! Welcome to GT :wavey: and congrats on one of the finest pistols Glock has to offer. Let us know how it shoots.:cool:

11. Tkz

Tkz

Oct 28, 2012
    Monroe, MI
    Nice pistol, I had to pass on a great deal on a 36 a few years ago. I never see one for that money again. Have wanted one since. Let us know how it runs.

12. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
  13. Congrats. I love mine. The G22 is not bad on recoil.