Bought back my old G20

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by Peter M. Eick, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Well after going 7 years "glock-less" I bought back my old G20 as a beater gun around the house. As much as I used to complain about he plastic frame flex of the g20, it does have a place and I finally figured out how to use it. So I went to my shooting buddy and bought it back for exactly what he bought it from me from 7 years ago.

I am using my G20 with a KKM 6" barrel as a readily available blaster gun at home. We have had some incidents in the area and I decided I wanted more horsepower than a 9mm or 45 could deliver. The 10mm G20 does that well, and it has the bulletproof reliability of the glock. Of the roughly 4000 rounds fired through it while I had it and the roughly 1000 rounds he shot through it, we never had a jam or misfire that either of us could remember.

So, now I need to collect some more 15 round mags (bad timing on my part I admit) and get a bit better at the practice with it. At least I have a bunch of 10 round mags from the last mag ban.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Peter M. Eick, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    I hope nobody here bought this steaming pile General Glocking Friday at 12:52 PM
    I would've bought a Glock GT Voting Booth Aug 27, 2015
    This is why I bought the 43 and sold my Shield General Glocking Aug 18, 2015
    BOUGHT THIS OLD GLOCK MAG/HELP General Glocking Aug 14, 2015
    Went to the range today and bought General Glocking Aug 9, 2015

3. Enjoy your big 10!

4. What loads are you using.

5. 800x nuclear level reloads with 200 grn LSWC's currently in a 6" kkm barrel. Once I get the 40's done I will go back and make some 180 grn XTP power loads.

I want something that will punch through the door or the brick wall if I have to and still get the job done.

6. wdp

wdp

Really like my G20 and I will never part with it. Glad you got yours back, good luck!

7. Good job getting it back! Don't make that mistake again, ok.:wavey:

8. I guess I've never felt my G20's frame flex. Is that something that really bothered you?

Anyway, congrats on getting a good gun back!

#7 unsigned, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  9. Congrats! :cool:

10. Yes the frame flex bothered me a bunch. It was bad enough that I sold it but now, a bunch of years later I decided I could live with it.

I ordered 10 more mags last week so I won't have to deal with not having enough around.

Now, I need to think about some better sights!

11. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Welcome Back to the world of 10mm! Carry on!:wavey:

12. eh-cuse me? :dunno: "Frame flex" :wow:

Thank you... :thumbsup:

:dunno: What the he|| are you talking about?

#11 RYT 2BER, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  13. Go blast some nuclear level reloads in a G20 and feel the frame flex. My 1911's or my witness don't flex. My G20 grip will "bend" or "flex" during recoil on firing.

I guess you don't feel it.

I definitely could feel the flex during the recoil stroke of the gun and it always bothered me. It still does bother me and I still feel it when I am tossing a 200 grn bullet at 1290 with 800x out of the gun.

The key is the G20 is not going to get much firing. It is now just a house gun for greeting folks at the door with. I can deal with frame flex and plastic for the reliability and 15 rounds.